THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

studio? here's my studio

twoturkeybreasts-066.jpg

all the duck breast photos are with natural daylight from 6:20 to 7:30 PM and the stir fry at 5:45 to 6:00 PM the next day. the photo above has a lot of extra artificial light, but all the duck pix were all natural.

and *cough* the throwdowns are supposed to be cooked by yesterday, but i won't tell if you don't. :biggrin:

Alright, time for the old guy to ask a question, (I never cooked or BBQ a duck).

If it is not acceptable to eat chicken cooked raw, why is it OK to eat a duck cooked raw?????????

all the duck breast photos are with natural daylight from 6:20 to 7:30 PM and the stir fry at 5:45 to 6:00 PM the next day. the photo above has a lot of extra artificial light, but all the duck pix were all natural.:biggrin:

Doh! Okay I missed the deadline. Rules is rules!!

The times you mentioned are perfect lighting. Within an hour before sunset is considered the "magic hour" but it really stretches to more than an hour. In any case, it's better lighting than 2pm.

Very nice shot of your cooking area by the way. Just beautiful!!

Please remove my entry from the final deal. I ignertly thought I had until 9 tonight to cook it, but I see now it was submission time. Still glad I cooked it! Man duck is good.

Cheers buddy. You are, indeed, a master of light and flame.

Chris

There not raw just very rare. It's only a bad thing when you cook for someone else. What you put in your own belly is up to you.

This is my personal top pick as of now, still early though… RTD as always top notch

duckbreast-047.jpg

Doh! Okay I missed the deadline. Rules is rules!!

The times you mentioned are perfect lighting. Within an hour before sunset is considered the "magic hour" but it really stretches to more than an hour. In any case, it's better lighting than 2pm.

Very nice shot of your cooking area by the way. Just beautiful!!

Please remove my entry from the final deal. I ignertly thought I had until 9 tonight to cook it, but I see now it was submission time. Still glad I cooked it! Man duck is good.

Cheers buddy. You are, indeed, a master of light and flame.

Chris

i say let ride and your entry is good. the rules also say let the vote thread determine so let it in :biggrin:
looks very good, but a little rare for me i think. i pulled the breasts after they were 155, still pink though because of the color of the meat. the stir fry was twice cooked, but holy carp it was good! i think it was the sweet duck sauce 8)

yes sir, the hour of power when the shadows are long. thanks, man. :biggrin:

Great job guys...here's my entry...

...just kidding...that's a shot of Foie gras from Wikipedia...:twisted: I'm surprised that there were not that many entries. It was not on the menu for the JD household this weekend...

Thanks, but I missed the turn in time. 15 seconds late, and you're out. No reason
a day late should be okay!

And rare? Maybe a tad, but it was 150, and yowza. After eating it I would not have wanted a degree warmer. The meat IS really red to start with.

It's been fun, but really, please don't enter it in the voting. It was not cooked during the throwdown timeframe. Maybe I'll have something for next week!

Beers, and pink duck toyall.
Chris

This is my personal top pick as of now, still early though… RTD as always top notch

thanks, man. i like that one too. i really like that reflection on the tomato. i'm not sure what that was :biggrin:

i picked the other shot because of the way the grid disappears into black in the corner. i just thought it was cooler 8)

Thanks, but I missed the turn in time. 15 seconds late, and you're out. No reason

And rare? Maybe a tad, but it was 150, and yowza. After eating it I would not have wanted a degree warmer. The meat IS really red to start with.

It's been fun, but really, please don't enter it in the voting. It was not cooked during the throwdown timeframe. Maybe I'll have something for next week!

Chris

15 seconds...???...:roll::roll::roll: Nice job bro! :p

Chris

don't you have some spices to grind or something? :biggrin:

pink duck to ya'll. i'm gonna start saying that when i drive past this water tower in kentucky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all
:eusa_clap

naa. we say FLORENCE YA'LL as loud as we can.

say pink duck to ya'll several times and you sound like you're hailing a cab in china :biggrin:

You guys are amazing and all entrys look wonderful. I have never cooked domestic duck but I have smoked some wild duck breasts, butterflied, stuffed with japs and your favorite cheese, then wrapped with bacon. Sorry no photos. But will post some next season.

I woudl love to post Chris' duck, especially to help add another entry, but I gotta keep wit da rulez!:wink: Sorry Chris. I thought your looked seriously awesome though.:cool:

marinate with garlic, ginger, black pepper & sea salt.

duckbreast-002.jpg

saute' skin side down in cast iron pan for 12 minutes at 300 with cherry chips.

duckbreast-006.jpg

grill direct for 20 minutes more. (use this photo v)

duckbreast-015.jpg

duckbreast-023.jpg

pull at 155 and rest 10 minutes, slice.

duckbreast-047.jpg

serve with gravy made from drippings in cast iron pan. add butter, water and flour and stir till just right :biggrin:

duckbreast-051.jpg

holy quacker! i love duck! :biggrin:
Rick that looks real GOOD I am sure it tasted GREAT

Ross

Back