THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't believe you!!! You better send me one so I can decide for myself!! Dang, that looks really good. :eusa_clap

My kind of burger...ground brisky and a mound of bacon...how could that not put a smile on your face:-D

RTD burgers would make Dagwood and Blondie proud. I used to have some of Thirdeyes fine china, but I think it got thrown away. All you guys have made some awesome winter grub! Gonna be hard to vote for just one.

Okay, I'm in. This is my first throwdown. I hope I can figure out how to post pictures of my food on here. :biggrin:

Meet Muffaletta Burgers! These are a tribute to the Muffaletta sandwich created in New Orleans at Central Grocery. The sandwich is named after the bread, but the at the center of it all is the olive salad/compote. Its got it all onion, olive oil, carrots, red peppers, and both black and green olives.

This half pound burger (I swear there is one in there.) is topped with melted provalone and my own olive compote. Yardbird seasoned curly fries and a Christmas cocktail make the best compliments.

Oh, and my Egg was frozen shut. Took me an hour to get the lid open. But it is nice and warm now.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

^^ YES!!!!!

Very creative and I bet super delicious.. Might I suggest another Vodka that is My favorite ever.. Level.

Side note. How do I get a 5# bag of the Yardbird?

Fantastic idea, I have got to try that!

Here is my entry. I started by grinding a brisket flat, forming into patties and applying some of my beef rub, as show in the pic below:
ground_brisket.jpg

I put on the WSM at 250 along with some Pig Candy:biggrin: I cooked the burger until it hit 185 internal.
meat_done.jpg

I put the Brisket Burger on an Onion Bun and topped with a slice of Smoked Cheddar and a slice of Smoked Pepper Jack cheese. Then I laid on 6 slices of Pig Candy, a few Jalapeno Slices, a good pile of French Fried Onions, and some BBQ Sauce. This was a very good burger.:wink:
brisket_burger.jpg

Okay, I'm in. This is my first throwdown. I hope I can figure out how to post pictures of my food on here. :biggrin:

Meet Muffaletta Burgers! These are a tribute to the Muffaletta sandwich created in New Orleans at Central Grocery. The sandwich is named after the bread, but the at the center of it all is the olive salad/compote. Its got it all onion, olive oil, carrots, red peppers, and both black and green olives.

This half pound burger (I swear there is one in there.) is topped with melted provalone and my own olive compote. Yardbird seasoned curly fries and a Christmas cocktail make the best compliments.

Oh, and my Egg was frozen shut. Took me an hour to get the lid open. But it is nice and warm now.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I dont know where to begin...I just want to dive in and devour that burger..looks great

Smoked Guacamole Burgers

Here's my one and only entry to this week's ThrowDown. They were sure good.:smile:
I bought a new meat grinder recently and decided today that it was time for some ground round burgers. A 4# bottom round roast was cut into approximately 1″ chunks and put in the freezer for a few minutes to chill along with the new grinder.
After running the meat through the grinder for the first time, I added one package of McCormick Onion Gravy Mix and ran it all through for the second time.

image0.jpg

Next, I added some chopped onion, minced garlic, sea salt, Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning and a little Sticky Pig BBQ Sauce and mixed it all up to make the 1/2 pound patties. These went on the gas smoker along with some hickory chips at about 250 degrees until they were near done. Then some were topped with pepper jack cheese and another with American cheese to suit the tastes of my family.

image3.jpg

Onion buns were spread with a butter garlic spread and toasted on the gas grill. The toasted buns were then applied a thin layer of Sticky Pig Mustard Sauce, some fresh lettuce and a dollop of guacamole dip and served with a hot garlic dill pickle and corn chips.

image5.jpg

image12.jpg

Along with the Becks they went down really well!

hummmm

Hey Plowboy, I am wondering (in fun of course) if your entry counts since you broke the rules and put 4 pics in???????

I know the last one is only vodka, but that could well sway the voters if they like Absolut.

Would love to see more of the burger, the green stuff is just for looks isn't it:lol:???

Hey Plowboy, I am wondering (in fun of course) if your entry counts since you broke the rules and put 4 pics in???????

I know the last one is only vodka, but that could well sway the voters if they like Absolut.

Would love to see more of the burger, the green stuff is just for looks isn't it:lol:???

If you've ever had a muffaletta, you'll know that the olive salad is a significant part of the sandwich. That's a 1/2 pound 86/14 burger. Believe me, there was plenty of burger going on.

Just trying to make you smile on a cold Missouri night. We usually come back for Xmas, but flying was a bit expensive this year so we are just home in the rain in wine country.

Oh and nice lookin' burger to!!

Man, its 7 am and all these pics of great lookin burgers makes me want to fire up the grill! Burgers for breakfast!

--Jeepdad

Kim,
I was just havin' some fun with you and Plowboy, though JD did set the rules. I am hoping for the Xmas finale he allows a couple more pics though. So don't try to buy votes by disqualifying yourself:lol:.

Here, try this one on for a burger. No- not mine and not an entry. Just split this for lunch with my son. Its Angus cheeseburger with tenderloin, buffalo chicken tenders, brisket, bacon and cheese. We weren't men enough to finish it.
l-640-480-cd3cd0ea-5fee-4d1f-89bc-553173df21ca.jpeg

Here, try this one on for a burger. No- not mine and not an entry. Just split this for lunch with my son. Its Angus cheeseburger with tenderloin, buffalo chicken tenders, brisket, bacon and cheese. We weren't men enough to finish it.
Where in the world did you find that monstrosity?:shock:

l-640-480-cd3cd0ea-5fee-4d1f-89bc-553173df21ca.jpeg

I'm glad it's not an entry..........it would have gotten my vote! My, oh MY!!!! My arteries are clogged as we speak!! Tell us more!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Back