BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "BBQ Spaghetti"

Spicy Spaghetti Pie

I smoked some spicy meatballs on the kettle and added them to spaghetti mixed with eggs, ricotta cheese, and sauteed onions. The "pie" was then topped in layers with fresh spicy tomato sauce and mozarella cheese before going on a kettle with a little cherry wood for flavor.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

You read my mind farker......Your's looks fantastic, actually better than mine usually comes out. :eusa_clap How did you get it out of there?? I usually use a springform pan.

Now on to plan C. :biggrin:

I smoked some spicy meatballs on the kettle and added them to spaghetti mixed with eggs, ricotta cheese, and sauteed onions. The "pie" was then topped in layers with fresh spicy tomato sauce and mozarella cheese before going on a kettle with a little cherry wood for flavor.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

That does look delicious. The question I have is did you find the "noodle crust" to be a bit thick or was it ok?

Nice job and very creative.

Your Farking recipe has just been STOLEN... I am now figuring out how to serve it to 300 and keep the elan your dish has.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Well Brethren this is my first throw down and to say the least I had to think a little for doing this one. As a new member I would first like to introduce myself my name is Brent and I am 25 from the west akron, ohio. To say the least I love bbq and smokers and smoke any meat I can get my hands on! So for the Spaghetti throw down I present smoked meatball with grilled spaghetti. It all started yesterday as I smoked a pork loin center roast salt, pepper, and cherry wood for 6 hours picture one. Then I cut up the roast and ground it up in the food processor picture 2. Added ground beef, parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, 2 clove garlic and rolled into balls picture 3. Next I fired up the grill and basted the spaghetti in garlic butter and grilled the noodles to a nice golden brown along with the meatballs on the grill, and then boiled the spaghetti noodles picture 4. Next the sauce is from last years tomato crop in garden and to say the runs circles around store bought stuff. So without further ado I present smoked meatball with grilled spaghetti. By far my folks and I agree that these are the best meatballs I have ever HAD!

Last edited:
Cooked the meatballs and the corn-on-the-cob on the Weber Platinum, indirect, with Pecan & RO Lump. I think I need bigger plates, or smaller portions. What am I thinking, bigger plates, of course!

The beans have 2 lbs of bacon mixed in and about 1/2 cube of butter with a dash of bacon grease and a liberal sprinkle of Todd's Dirt. The meatballs have all the ingredients on the pan. The bread has butter, garlic and oregano.

The dinner plate is my entry...

Attachments

• spegetti 012.jpg
    spegetti 012.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 241
  • spegetti 001.jpg
    spegetti 001.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 243
  • spegetti 002.jpg
    spegetti 002.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 242
  • spegetti 007.jpg
    spegetti 007.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 242
  • spegetti 004.jpg
    spegetti 004.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 241
Just got through making it. I now am trying to do the following.

I need to serve this actually to about 200 within a 3 hour total time period with 80 % of the sales happening between 11:30 and 12.

I am trying to nix the baking ring in favor of one of those foil pans with the clear plastic lids.

I have large ovens but not big enough to do that many that fast at the church... so the brazos will have to do. I suppose I can fit about 60 to bake at one time but it will have to be less than 350 or so. Parts of the brazos get there but not the whole thing.

This is a perfect solution to the "noodles" problem when you insist on NOT mixing them with the sauce. Meatballs look like they are reduced to half balls (very smart for my case) and I have my own sugo. I make my own meatballs too that are deep sicilian with a bit of orange zest (also in the sauce) thrown in.

My Chicken for half asses friends addressed a reality. That I could not serve 300 people a fried chicken meal to take home and have it crispy... so I made a hot sweet dip. This recipe handles an issue I was struggling with.

The concept is weird... So that means people will try it.
And rave if it is executed properly.

It also lends itself to mass prep well. I can make the spagetti, egg, cheese mixture ahead of time, the sauce ahead of time and the meatballs ahead of time.

On cook day.... all I have to do is assemble top with cheese, pop it in the clean burning smoker and pull out and lid and serve with a side of Chilled sauce to go as well.

That's an aggressive cook you have planned Funk. Good luck with it.

I just fried a car sized mound of chicken in 5 hours with 5 fryers going. I think this will be a cake walk hopefully.

i went outside of the box for my entry

Spaghetti Squash w/a Roasted Vegetable Smoked Meatball Sauce

1020318.jpg

oh and the meatballs fresh from the smoker
img0004vqn.jpg

man, that pickled pig entry is going to be hard to beat! i've got my ingredients, and i'm about to put the torch to an egg to give it my best shot :biggrin:

Back