THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first foray into the throwdowns.

Cedar planked lemon salmon with twice backed red ptoatoes.

2009-05-10SalmaonWTwBkdRedPots01.jpg

And the money shot (for voting).

2009-05-10SalmaonWTwBkdRedPots03.jpg

Last edited:
Ribeye Roast

It's been a while since I've cooked anything worthy of an entry but today's cook just might be.

dscf1255.jpg

3# Ribeye roast (bone in) seasoned with black pepper, sea salt and Jim Baldridge's "Secret Seasoning." Thrown on the grill for a fast sear before hitting the WSM.

dscf1259.jpg

I put it in the WSM at 11:30 am and left to take the Mrs. & kids out to lunch a few miles away. We got home 2 1/2 hours later and it was up to 154 internal. I pulled it immediately, did not foil, and let it rest for a few minutes.
dscf1261.jpg

It wasn't quite as rare as we would have preferred but after slicing, it could be cut with a fork.
Please use this one for my entry.

dscf1264.jpg

Here's my plate full of goodies.

dscf1269.jpg

Well, here is my first officail entry into a throwdown...be kind! :mrgreen:

Grilled skirt steak with chimichurri suace and grilled asparagus. Overall, it was a good mothers day dinner.

DSC01738-1.jpg

Skirt steak on the Weber OTS

DSC01739-1.jpg

Aparagus on the UDS turned grill. I sorta christened the UDS with the Asparagus. I threw in 10lbs of Royal Oak lump Saturday night @ approx 5pm to season the UDS. After a few hours at 350, I closed the vents down and got the temps to stabilize at 220-230 for the remainder of the night. All day today, it has been chugging along. So at 5pm, I open all the vents, shake off the ash and decide to use the UDS to grill the Asparagus, 24 hours after I started the UDS! Awesome!!!!

DSC01740-1.jpg

Just off the grill (I had both the OTS and the Performer going. Had 10 people over)

DSC01741-1.jpg

Mmmmm......Chimichurri..... (use this pic please! :wink:)

and.......

DSC01746-1.jpg

Dessert...grilled pineapple. Glaze was brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, tequilla, cinnamon and chili powder. Served over vanilla ice cream and dusted with more cinnamon and chili powder...

I will only be kind when I get my invite! Farking delicious!

Well, here is my first officail entry into a throwdown...be kind! :mrgreen:

Grilled skirt steak with chimichurri suace and grilled asparagus. Overall, it was a good mothers day dinner.

DSC01738-1.jpg

Skirt steak on the Weber OTS

DSC01739-1.jpg

Aparagus on the UDS turned grill. I sorta christened the UDS with the Asparagus. I threw in 10lbs of Royal Oak lump Saturday night @ approx 5pm to season the UDS. After a few hours at 350, I closed the vents down and got the temps to stabilize at 220-230 for the remainder of the night. All day today, it has been chugging along. So at 5pm, I open all the vents, shake off the ash and decide to use the UDS to grill the Asparagus, 24 hours after I started the UDS! Awesome!!!!

DSC01740-1.jpg

Just off the grill (I had both the OTS and the Performer going. Had 10 people over)

DSC01741-1.jpg

Mmmmm......Chimichurri..... (use this pic please! :wink:)

and.......

DSC01746-1.jpg

Dessert...grilled pineapple. Glaze was brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, tequilla, cinnamon and chili powder. Served over vanilla ice cream and dusted with more cinnamon and chili powder...

Wings done on the Big Red Super Grill Dome. A little maple and apple wood, Yardbird, then finished with 20 Pepper Hot Sauce, Sriracha, Tabasco Garlic, and butter.

Attachments

• WingsB5-10-09.jpg
    WingsB5-10-09.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 104
That pot pie is killer, I need to break out my pie bird and make one....

Hey, I didn't see any asparagus in there :biggrin:, I think it must be the underlying theme this week. I've had it twice.

Back