THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I fear we have hit the dreaded stall.

Since every throwdown is now a never-ending throwdown, I lost interest. If I do a sweet and spicy cook, I'll just post it in Q-Talk, where more people can see it. No point posting it in the throwdowns forum.

Since the caveman clusterfark of 2012, it seems like the throwdowns have lost momentum, and now we can't even find a way to get a poll up -- whether it is bigabyte's or someone else's.

Gore doesn't take the TDs seriously lately, Redhot hasn't entered in months, we are completely dependent on bigabyte just to function, and there just seems to be an overall funk running through the TD forum. We seem to have lost our groove.

These throwdowns should be competitive, and yet fun. We should be posting our best efforts, not just whatever we cooked this weekend, without being all Myron Mixon about it.

Yeah, we have hit a stall. So, how do we deal with it?

CD

Well fark that wasn't the response I was hoping for :doh:.

I can only speak for myself (I tried getting inside Gore's head and that was just too scary).

I take the throwdowns seriously and put a ton of thought into what I make. Fark I even tried to make Philadelphia water using my brewing salts in order to come up with a real Philadelphia style hoagie roll (epic fail) :loco:.

I ordered a sausage stuffer as a result of the Septemberfest :thumb:.

And just today my curry leaves arrived since Buccs is so darn insistent on his recipe actually including the farking leaves. :mmph:

I love the throwdowns I'll keep playing even if I'm the only one. Fark I guess that means I'll win more.

Why do I have a sudden urge to eat at Hardees????

I fear we have hit the dreaded stall.

We may need.

images

or

another "bbq" video

SEXY HOT Kate Upton Carls Jr. AD BANNED! - YouTube

to wake things up around here.

I'd actually disagree with CD. I think there's a whole crop of great cooks participating all the time. Two things keep me from posting: one is time and the other is also time. I just don't have the time to devote to planning a cook and coming through on the weekend, and I really don't like posting the same thing over and over (except as a sort-of joke -- hint: if there is a vote thread, don't vote for Gore!). Seriously, there are as many entries now as there ever were and I think it's great to see the things these cooks produce. I'm told that one of my three jobs may be ending in the next few months and that should free up some more time to TDs -- not that it matters, but I really would like to participate more. Biggie had a big week and I hope he's just taking a well-deserved break. Perhaps once a week is too much or perhaps he needs a vacation and someone else should take up the slack -- it's been done before. Incidentally, I thought this was one of the most exciting categories I've seen in months. I really would've loved to do something, but I simply did not have the time.

Well fark that wasn't the response I was hoping for :doh:.

I can only speak for myself (I tried getting inside Gore's head and that was just too scary).

I take the throwdowns seriously and put a ton of thought into what I make. Fark I even tried to make Philadelphia water using my brewing salts in order to come up with a real Philadelphia style hoagie roll (epic fail) :loco:.

I ordered a sausage stuffer as a result of the Septemberfest :thumb:.

And just today my curry leaves arrived since Buccs is so darn insistent on his recipe actually including the farking leaves. :mmph:

I love the throwdowns I'll keep playing even if I'm the only one. Fark I guess that means I'll win more.

I agree on the effort that goes into a TD. Heck! It's prep, pic's, Cook, pic's. Then to zero after all that work is tuff.

I've learned more in the last 7 months among the Brethren than I ever could have doing it any other way. The TD's are the college level of sports. The Heavy Hitters are the Competition cookers that lay it ALL on the line. They are the Pro's.

It's fun to play and with every entry I learn something new. :razz:

Last edited:
I'd actually disagree with CD. I think there's a whole crop of great cooks participating all the time. Two things keep me from posting: one is time and the other is also time. I just don't have the time to devote to planning a cook and coming through on the weekend, and I really don't like posting the same thing over and over (except as a sort-of joke -- hint: if there is a vote thread, don't vote for Gore!). Seriously, there are as many entries now as there ever were and I think it's great to see the things these cooks produce. I'm told that one of my three jobs may be ending in the next few months and that should free up some more time to TDs -- not that it matters, but I really would like to participate more. Biggie had a big week and I hope he's just taking a well-deserved break. Perhaps once a week is too much or perhaps he needs a vacation and someone else should take up the slack -- it's been done before. Incidentally, I thought this was one of the most exciting categories I've seen in months. I really would've loved to do something, but I simply did not have the time.

Well, now that David Wineland kicked your arse in that Nobel thing, maybe you can focus more on Throwdowns. :becky:

As for bigabyte, I understand that he can become overwhelmed. So, maybe we need to have a plan B. I'll volunteer to help, although I'm not sure the mods will want me to have even the minimum of mod powers. I can't imagine why, but I still have my doubts.

As for this theme, sweet and spicy, I love it. So, what are we going to do with it? I don't want to enter another never-ending TD. I thought the Philly Cheese Sandwich TD was a good TD, but it is dead in the water. I was told that the Oktoberfest TD was a good idea. It went nowhere.

I don't like to dwell in the past. So, where do we go from here? How do we get back on track?

CD

OK folks, this TD is going to be kept open for ONE EXTRA WEEK!!!

This is to keep things in proper order as I get the long overdue Cheesesteak TD poll up today.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Hey, that sounds great to me! I've had the craziest busiest week. Thanks for the extra time though I imagine the same thing I'm happy for might inconvenience a brethren. :madgrin:

Back