THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent, Jaymo! That's the right way to enter your first throwdown (except for the lack of a fork in the picture :rolleyes:)

That is good work, and ignore Ronelle, the use of a fork in Throwdown entries is an advanced technique, it can be dangerous for TD rooks.

Simple and delicious started with plain old white buttons sauteed up onions, garlic, stems with olive oil touch of bacon grease herbs de Provence.
My previous mushrooms on the UDS had been rather dry, more of a dehydrated action vs smoked/cooked. I read a hint where you briefly saute 2-3 minutes in butter or olive oil. MADE a world of difference in the end result moist and tasty.
These were served with my Easter dinner (I Lamb what I lamb thread), none left and there were only a few shroom eaters.

Last edited:
I absolutely love mushrooms and sausage, cooked in wine, stuffed, or however. Then it came to me in a dream (or maybe it was my wife's idea...) to stuff mushrooms inside a sausage, inside a mushroom. Unfortunately, portobellos did not magically appear in the kitchen and I had to start from scratch. I began as I usually do, by weaving some bacon. I put this into a mold:

IMG_7172.jpg

and filled it with sausage

IMG_7173.jpg

then tucked in the edges and gave it some seasoning

IMG_7174.jpg

I then sauteed some mushrooms and made a fattie with diced mushrooms and cheese

IMG_7179.jpg

Smoked this for a couple hours (seasoning the cap with paprika and brown sugar). Then I recruited a model (use this shot, Chris):

IMG_7213.jpg

Standard fork shot of the sliced fattie

IMG_7220.jpg

Back