Ahhh crap!! Now you tell me that yer jokin'! I farkin wet my pants! Thought you were gonna pull a Larry and put me on ignore. :becky:

Country Ham Biscuits with Pig Candy Mod

Brethren and Sistren, here's my entry for the Rookie Throwdown. Inspiration came from PatioDaddio's recipe for pig candy. It's on a biscuit. I see some strong entries here - so I figured I shouldn't slack on the biscuits.

First shot is leaf lard rendering for the biscuits.

Second shot is country ham steaks sugared up with the rinds scored.

I threw 'em in the smoker & hit 'em with a mix of peach preserves and cayenne pepper. Third shot is the plate and my entry.

Good eats! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC04241.jpg
    DSC04241.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC04271.jpg
    DSC04271.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04282.jpg
    DSC04282.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 57
Ummm, I thought you had a brisket going... ? Looks like it will be your first hot & fast briskie!

I didn't put it on this morning, I think I am going to do an overnighter instead. I tested my Stoker during my rib cook yesterday, it passed with flying colors (had a bit of a hiccup on my initial cook).

So glad you are letting in last minute entries! We are going try to have something by midnight! We have been outta town!

Since this is a special TD and we can share multiple dishes, and because I'm just really happy with how well the photo turned out (though it looks like I shoud have wipe a spot of sauce off the plate towards the back), I'm also going to enter my SausBac that I did this weekend.

This is a rip-off of the famous MOINK, but with sausage instead of the meatballs. I did two kinds here. A Polish and a chicken sausage, wrapped in bacon heavily coated with Yardbird, smoked and then glazed with Blues Hog. Pretty yummy.

Thread Here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98036
IMG_3666.JPG

We got this on the smoker last minute but had some troubles keepin the temp...it was about 20 degrees outside and us NW folks aren't used to that! So we got ribs, we were ambitious and had a fatty we were going to put on but since it took forever to finish the ribs, and had a party to go to we stayed with the ribs.
virgin_throwdown1.jpg

We rubbed it down with our C-Dub's Original BBQ Rub.
virgin_throwdown2.jpg

virgin_throwdown4.jpg

Ready to eat...
virgin_throwdown3.jpg

virgin_throwdown5.jpg

Back