THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6614095179_5620124519_b.jpg

Simply elegant Michael... I would eat those anytime for breakfast.

For Mongo's Birthday I wanted to do something original, so why not surf and turf I hear he likes surf and turf and that's original right?

For this I'm bringing sexy back, yup you guessed it, the return of spam of the sea balls. I had premade and froze some fish balls about a month ago with the intention of making BOINK bolas (bacon wrapped bacalhau bolas).

No pron of the ball making process but it consists of desalinating some salt cod and boiling 2 lbs salt cod and 2 potatoes, after cooling I run the cod and potatoes though my kitchen aid grinder attachment (coarse blade). Mix in 1/2 onion diced and some parsley season to taste mix in 2 egg yolks then fold in two whipped egg whites.

Here's the line up I pan fried the balls before wrapping in bacon because I wasn't sure how they would hold up otherwise.

thematerials.jpg

On the grill with a light dusting of SM season all.

Ballasonthegrill.jpg

After about 50 min @ 300 I pulled them to glaze with Big Butz Original

45min.jpg

And the money shot I present you Nacho BOINK bolas, nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. :becky:

money3.jpg

Back