THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rule says no cutting in to individual portions but can the large piece be cut maybe in half for the pic?

Actually the rule states that it must be ONE portion, not that you can't cut into that individual portion. In other words, you can't cook a whole pork loin and then slice an individual portion. You CAN however slice a thick chop from a pork loin and then cook it. On your plated picture, you can cut into that individual portion, like say a fork shot to show the texture/doneness of your meat.

...The thing I really hate is someone forgets to take a picture of their raw meat and is disqualified, like that is what the people base their vote on. :crazy:
You obviously forgot the winning entry for the "Roasts" Throwdown!:laugh:

223492_1027407198980_1039316847_30133310_8854_n.jpg

OK, so to be a noobie again. What does the winner get? Bragging rights and choice on the next throwdown?

Yes, plus bigabyte will send you a certificate with your name and name of your winning dish that you can print...if he remember's to send it to you:becky:!

Are forks mandatory? Since this is a man-sized portion could I use, say, a harpoon? Or a pitchfork? Wait... That's a fork.

No forks are not mandatory and you are more than welcome to use a harpoon in the money shot if you want...you planning on entering a whale steak?:shock:

Alright, I have an idea for this TD unless there are any more special rules that anyone wants to add. Can someone write a "Special Rule Throwdowns for Dummies" so I know exactly how to get DQ'd? I have a cut of meat in the fridge right now. It isn't that big really but I do have to say that it is more than manly in nature. Sadly it is not a "whole" piece, mostly because I blew the chit out of it :tsk:

DSC01449.jpg

Alright, I have an idea for this TD unless there are any more special rules that anyone wants to add. Can someone write a "Special Rule Throwdowns for Dummies" so I know exactly how to get DQ'd? I have a cut of meat in the fridge right now. It isn't that big really but I do have to say that it is more than manly in nature. Sadly it is not a "whole" piece, mostly because I blew the chit out of it :tsk:

DSC01449.jpg

Wait...where's your Barrett?

Wait...where's your Barrett?

Not needed. I saw what my silly little .243 WSSM did and I can only imagine what a 50 cal would destroy. Besides, I was only shooting 300-400yds. If I needed to clip animals off the next mountain maybe it would have come in handy. Then again, hell if I am gonna hike that thing up a mountain.

P.S. Does grill type matter? I currently only have a gas grill. My smoker isn't set up for a high temp like a steak would require. If gas is game ... then I'm game.

Like Redhot said, gassers qualify, but I hope you are planning to get a real grill, soon. :becky:

Welcome to the throwdowns!!!

CD

Grilling is fine. Things do not have to be smoked. They can be grilled or smoked. Gas and electric grills/smokers are fine. It's an open, inclusive BBQ contest, with the word BBQ encompassing what most sane people consider BBQ. The fringe that are excluded are crock pots and the like.

Grilling is fine. Things do not have to be smoked. They can be grilled or smoked. Gas and electric grills/smokers are fine. It's an open, inclusive BBQ contest. BBQ is not rigidly defined, contrary to some peoples wildest flights of fancy.

They're fine for the moment, at least until someone says they aren't in some special rule. I'm sure that'll be coming. :mad2:

Back