THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I must admit, that I didn't appreciate red, or even pink meat until I was an adult. Until then, it had to be cooked to a dingy gray. I think that's why I developed a fondness for jerky. But there are soooooo many things I didn't like. Brussel sprouts and sharp bleu cheese, for example. I decided to combine these into one special dish I like to call, "Dinner." I seasoned the steaks with some Foil Hat, parsley, and black pepper

IMG_7757.jpg

and grilled them.

IMG_7758-1.jpg

I served them up with bleu cheese sauce and skewered Brussels w/bacon (and a Belgian ale that I probably wouldn't have liked as a kid):

IMG_7776.jpg

I couldn't decide whether it was best to eat this with a spoon,

IMG_7789-1.jpg

or a knife. For some reason I couldn't seem to find any forks :rolleyes:

IMG_7780.jpg

Thank goodness I've seen the error of my ways.
Thanks for looking!

That is a beautiful thing! Still not a fan of the sprouts, but I gotta say, those look so inviting. I did not have blue cheese as a child; I think I would have died on the spot if I did. Love it now tho'!

How did you get such a lovely color on that steak? Is it the Foil Hat?

I'm assuming you mean the reddish-orange color and not the blue. That would be the Foil Hat Rub. One of the main ingredients is paprika, the redder the better.

Back