BBQ Brethren "Independence Day" Throwdown!

I saw an oven on DDD that cooks pizza at 800. It was built in Naples, Italy and shipped to the restaurant in San Antonio. It was awesome.

The highlight of my Independence Day weekend cooking was this natural tri-tip rubbed with Rub Co Santa Maria & Original rubs, cooked indirect and followed with a reverse sear:

IMG_8544.jpg

after a few minutes of rest it crept up to an IT of 135:
IMG_8545.jpg

and it was incredibly juicy and full of flavor:
IMG_8553.jpg

Chris - Please use the last pic for the TD entry.

@Gore, nice pics of YHZ, I think I passed you on the bridge. You had the Racoon on the roof of that big Black Suburban right? Those "Steamed Hot Dogs" were good, didn't try the fries..

BTW nice looking food all..:thumb:

I think you had the eye patch over the good eye. We were in the white minivan, and we left the raccoon at home this time. That was apparently someone else.

Beautiful tri-tip, John.

Found My Competition Chicken Marinade!!

I did not cook it until the 5th, but I marinated 9 large boneless chicken breasts in a new recipe with JD's Honey and a simple Ole' School BBQ Chicken recipie from a former GTE Craftsman.

Not to brag but it was AWSOME!!!

8 pieces of chicken split for 16 adults and if I did not hold one back I would not have known how successful the BBQXperament really was.

Now I need to name it......

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Loved what you did here and I am going to do the same next year. Just gonna crank it up a few notches, Devild Egg Potato Salad, Tuna Mac Salad and mmmmmm. The mustard will HAVE to be Stadium, gonna use a local (Florida) micro brew beer (Gonna LOVE the trials) and maybe add peppers. Thanks!

Back