THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"I'd Hit That!"[/size]
funny-pictures-of-cats-dot-info-007.jpg

If BobBrisket were a cat....

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Latin Cuisine Throwdown!

The vision for this Throwdown, as given by ecode is as follows:
ecode said:
" I'd hit that ! "
I've read so many times that people want to make what someone else made,
" I've got to try that " and often times they do. That's one of the great things about the website is all that inspiration.

This is an opportunity for you to make something you saw, but haven't gotten to just yet.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Add a link to what inspired you or make it a guessing contest.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/18 through Sunday 3/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 3/27.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 3/28 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 4/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Where's Your Green? Throwdown until Sunday night 3/20 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Crustaceans Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

It's actually a multitiered homage to
the inspiration I gain every time I visit here,
the enormous respect I have for those who are here,
and of the knowledge I have gleaned from being here.
Without "The Brethren Collective" I wouldn't be cooking
at the level that I am nor the way that I do.

Last edited:
It's actually a multitiered homage to
the inspiration I gain every time I visit here,
the enormous respect I have for those who are here,
and of the knowledge I have gleaned from being here.
Without "The Brethren Collective" I wouldn't be cooking
at the level that I am nor the way that I do.

So basically, you want to hit the Brethren Collective (NTTAWWT), but I guess Chris did set the mood with the first post. :thumb:

Didn't know this thread would be headed to the Wood Pile on the first page. :heh:

I know I'm not in the same league as most of you but I had a hankerin for A pulled pork/grilled cheese sammy with some left overs from St. Patties day. Provalone, medium Cheddar and my sweet & spicy bourbon/apple cider BBQ sauce. It was as good as I'd hoped!!

Attachments

Brother, I'd hit that like there's no tomorrow!!!!
OutStanding!!!

attachment.php

I know I'm not in the same league as most of you but I had a hankerin for A pulled pork/grilled cheese sammy with some left overs from St. Patties day. Provalone, medium Cheddar and my sweet & spicy bourbon/apple cider BBQ sauce. It was as good as I'd hoped!!

Thanks fellas, I thought I was decent at the game till I found this site and learned how much I have still to learn :becky:

OK - I'l jump into this one since I cooked 3 things today that have been inspired in one way or another by The Brethren.
This is the one I will enter... here's the original thread - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102746
As I was scrolling through Downtown Smokeout's Thank you Brethern!! thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102457) on Monday, and saw the post of the fattie I envisioned a cheese steak fattie. It was a new idea to me (but not others apparently). I was drooling over it all week so today I went for it!

Chese Steak Fatty - Inspired by Downtown Smokeout
This is how I like my cheese steaks...
Italian Sausage....
DSC_0036-3.jpg

Provolone cheese - YES, I SAID PROVOLNE!!!
DSC_0037-3.jpg

Fried Onions, sauteed mushrooms, steak...

DSC_0039-3.jpg

Getting happy on the Egg - over 2 corned beef and surrounded by pig balls (that's what I'm calling them) that MushCreek came up with.
DSC_0041.jpg

All Sliced Up...

DSC_0055-4.jpg

This is my picture for the throwdown please.
DSC_0050.jpg

Thanks!!

Last edited:
All I can say is OMG!!! I love the pig balls, the Philly fatty is next on my list. Maybe slice it and serve it open face like meatloaf sandwich? Great BBQ & great pics brother.

Back