BBQ Brethren "Food You Eat With Your Hands" Throwdown

As I said once before (and BBQ Grail was a witness to this), an appetizer is any food I can pick up and eat with one hand. This TD ought to be a LOT of fun!

FOWL!!!!
I've seen this guy......:-D
BTW great entries so far :thumb:complimnets and good luck to all....:clap2:
I'll go back to lurking now.....:tape:

H0rns, that is really nice. I love it when something different shows up and that is a great tutorial! I'm lusting after the food ... and the Shun. I was trying to talk myself into that one for Christmas. Is it as wonderful as it looks?

BP, those MOINKS look great. Larry is going to have some tough competition. Probably too scared to enter MOINKS now.

Really good looking entries so far..This maybe the week I reengage in throwdown warfare. I misses you guys

We miss you too Alan, and we also miss Amber and her creations!

Well Chris, first of all I've got to apologize. I feel bad about stepping on your toes by submitting sliders, but things were already in motion. Fortunately, they are made with leftover dragon roast and I'll give everyone a warning that dragon roast is really icky as it tastes a lot like filet mignon. So, as some of you may remember, I cooked up this dragon roast for Chinese New Year.

1538088_Gore.jpg

You can find some of the details in the last throwdown. As it stands, I'm the major meat-eater in the house and I had to leave town for the week, so there was no way I was going to be allowed to cook anything for this throwdown except out of leftovers. The plan was to make some dragon roast sliders. First, I had help with the buns as that's not really my department at all. I'm not as adventurous as Jim is I guess.

IMG_1247.jpg

While I was smoking some salmon, I threw in some garlic to roast

IMG_1248.jpg

This was smothered on the bottom of the toasted buns

IMG_1250.jpg

On top of that was added some sauteed onions

IMG_1251.jpg

Then we sliced up a good chunk of the dragon roast from the night before, nice and thin. You can see the dragon roast is either underdone or overdone, I'm not sure which.

IMG_1245.jpg

Made a good pile of it as dragon roasts are fairly large and there was no shortage

IMG_1249.jpg

We put this on top of the sauteed onions and topped that with sharp cheddar and roasted red pepper

IMG_1266.jpg

Then we sat back to watch the game

IMG_1262.jpg

and then I made a pig of myself (I guess pig's like icky dragon roast)

IMG_1259.jpg

Since the girls prefer their dragon roast unadulterated and not on a bun, there were even some leftovers that I ate for lunch the next day.

My god is that dragon roast made of icky chicken wings? JK That is some seriously awesome looking sliders there brother! Nice!

First off, no toes have been stepped on. In my opinion, if you do not call the dish ahead of time, then you have no right to claim it as your own original idea even if you submit it first, because others may already have plans in motion, or well thought out plans before you submit your dish. So unless you are the first to lay claim to a dish and warn everyone to not make it, I see no legitimate basis for complaining for copycats.

Speaking of copycats...

Gore, I have to say, that I am absolutely amazed, stunned, flabbergasted, and dare I say...awestruck. Because those do not compare to my vastly superior sliders at all. As you know, MOINK is far superior, particularly when using the original recipe with precooked frozen meatballs, compared to that dragon meat stuff you used. I mean...who here really eats dragon meat? Just the thought of it makes my skin scaly and gives me fiery heartburn breath. I'm so surprised you actually thought you could enter those against my sliders. Sure, you may have used a fancier looking bun, and maybe even tempted with that roasted garlic, sauteed onions and roasted red peppers, but you didn't use fresh Basil!:rolleyes: Sheesh! And what's with this fancy cheddar stuff? Have you been hanging around BBQ Grail too much? I'm surprised you didn't make Dragon Mousse Sliders.:tsk:

Fresh basil would've been good, but it's not nearly so warm in Maryland as it is in Kansas. I'm really jealous about that.

Excuse me guys, I no longer feel bad about submitting icky dragon sliders because Bob just submitted a Frankensammich (are you sure Master didn't copyright that term?). Whatever,... it looks outstanding, even without the basil, uh, those are green chiles on top, right? Yeah, green chiles.

Last edited:
Killer sliders there Gore!

That Frankensammich looks mighty tasty, Bob!

All the entry's so far are way superb:clap2:

WOW.....great entries so far.

So....."Food you can eat with your hands", huh....?
As opposed to food I eat with my FEET?

Kidding....I get it. No utensils.
Hmmmm.....I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'.....:confused:

Back