THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pork Hock Head Cheese

f_5000744_1-1.jpg

I made some cheesy potatoes tonight and thought I might enter them, but then I came back and saw Gore's steak again and said "why bother". That is a thing of beauty!

Big mistake! That steak is a beautiful picture (and delicious), but it is definitely not a winner (of course what do I know). For me the others are more interesting and appealing. You never know how the voting goes, so show us what you've got! I called this hoping to get lots of creative entries (Rob's from "Surprise" was my inspiration). I just didn't have time to put something better together.

Big mistake! That steak is a beautiful picture (and delicious), but it is definitely not a winner (of course what do I know). For me the others are more interesting and appealing. You never know how the voting goes, so show us what you've got! I called this hoping to get lots of creative entries (Rob's from "Surprise" was my inspiration). I just didn't have time to put something better together.

The cheesy potatoes didn't turn out exactly as planned and I'm not happy with the pictures either. But I still have cheese in the refrigerator and my thinking cap on... :becky:

Well with the with the girls starting school this week and getting ready for the JOS cooking class this weekend I wanted to make something to last a few days. So I made nice classic red sauce lasagna with ground chuck and Italian sausage topped with 4 types of cheese and fresh basil.
On The Egg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

Plated (enter this pic please)
IMG_6702.jpg

Both Shiz-Nit's and Midnight Smoke's entries look killer. If I can find the right cheese my entry will have plenty of theatrics but not the impact of those delicious looking dishes. This is going to be a competitive one.

You sure got that right.

Back