THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Carnival Food!"[/size]
394FestsCarnivalFood.jpg

Image from The Daily Page!

...as chosen by ecode and SmokinAussie, the winners of the Roots and/or Chicken Sammich Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/27 through Sunday 6/5.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/5.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/6 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/10. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Buffalo Throwdown until Sunday night 5/29 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the On A Stick Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I'm gonna figure out some way to grill a Snickers bar. Might have to put it in some meat or something.
I got an idea for you Chris, forget the snicker bar, get yourself half of a pecan pie, roll it up into a fattie and smoke it. I bet no sane person has ever thought of that before. :shocked:

I got an idea for you Chris, forget the snicker bar, get yourself half of a pecan pie, roll it up into a fattie and smoke it. I bet no sane person has ever thought of that before. :shocked:
I'm sure no sane person has either. I suppose if I put that on a stick...

Then throw it on down! I haven't been up to getting in on these of late. But, sooner or later, I am gonna come storming back.

Well I guess I will be the first to throwdown on this. So here it is I always love a good batch of nachos when I go to the fair so here is my take on nachos.

Nachos with pork 2 ways. Chopped pork bits with pig candy bits . Enjoy

Spare leftovers all rubbed up
IMG_1261.jpg

Getting chopped up
IMG_1266.jpg

Pig Candy goin down on the grill
IMG_1262.jpg

Finished
IMG_1263.jpg

The finished product and Throwdown pic
IMG_1267.jpg

My wonderful wife and I made a number of things for the carnival. Mainly I stuck with classic good-for-you carnival food. I began my doubling up the stuff on some Oreos (Quadruple Stuff), and coating it with dough.

IMG_7655.jpg

To abide by the rules and to keep things healthy, we cooked these in the Oval.

IMG_7657.jpg

So how good did those Oreos come out?

IMG_7713.jpg

And I know everyone loves Snickers bars.

IMG_7711.jpg

I always do try to get a bit of meat at the carnival, so I did cook up some sausage

IMG_7658.jpg

and wrapped it with candy floss, YUM!

IMG_7709.jpg

Nothing like going to the Carnival to get a balanced meal:

IMG_7714.jpg

It was all delicious.

Back