THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, dagnabit! I wasn't totally prepared. I woke up on Monday morning and thought I missed the weekend fun.
Never the less, I didn't let that deter me. I'm constructing a monstrosity in the back yard for the kids to play on. So while there's still light, I decided to let the Kingsford Hickory and pork (and turkey) fat scent the air. So without further words, here's how yesterday went.
On the menu: Turkey Burgers on whole Wheat Buns with Mixed greens, and Colby Jack stuffed Turkey Sausage wrapped in good old fashioned apple-wood bacon.
Here, the prep
7088444207_c4a170996f_d.jpg

The promise
7088444423_9f9a60f3b3_d.jpg

The progress
7088444647_3f60cfa773_d.jpg

6942374104_3f397187a2_d.jpg

And the presentation.
7088445299_6c2b121308_c_d.jpg

Now, while I only hope to make a fair showing, being this is my first throwdown, I had fun. Next time I'll perfect the details as I learn from y'all...

Last edited:
Oh my goodness Palehorse, that looks awesome.

Voting is going to be tough this time around I think.

Beginners Luck. Truth be told, I originally fired up the gasser...thermo meter pegged itself at 250...and I thought to myself, "that just ain't right"...

So I fiddled around with it and the burners to no luck, and said...I gotta get charcoal for this. An hour later...

I had dinner. Turns out the thermometer is bad on the gasser. (good to know this now). A stand alone grill model showed it eventtually at over 500 inside.

Thank goodness for Weber.

At first, I had concerns about the palehorse's burgers being too healthy for this crowd, but serving something wrapped in bacon on the side balances out the low-fat, high-fiber nature of his burgers. :thumb:

CD

Mad Wife Burger Entry

Sunday, I slave over a hot grill and deliver these:

2i87h2x.jpg

And these:

35ldeon.jpg

Had Burgers, fries and brats with all the trimmings but I did not get a plated shot. No prob, I'll do it tomorrow night. Well it was getting late and she was getting upset because I was on the PC with the Brethren. She said I fixed you a plate and I'm going to bed.

This is what I found. No lettuce or red onions cut, no cheese out, no fixin's at all!

So for your viewing pleasure I submit The Mad Wife Burger:

xv9yv.jpg

PS, New camera on the way. :thumb:

At first, I had concerns about the palehorse's burgers being too healthy for this crowd, but serving something wrapped in bacon on the side balances out the low-fat, high-fiber nature of his burgers. :thumb:

CD

Bacon, and beer...that's how I fight the family who's trying to keep me slim.

Back