THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I've been craving beef ribs and brisket and just about everything for a long time. Also, this weekend is the beginning of a 10-day stay at home, the longest I've had since last Christmas, so I started with something that would satisfy both cravings at once. Started with a nice package of beef ribs.

IMG_3088.jpg

One nice thing about these is that all the extra membranes found in beef ribs are already removed. I did something a bit different with about half of them and made up a little marinade.

IMG_3090.jpg

I think there were a few other ingredients in there, but that's basically it. I smoked these with some cherry wood for about 6 hours at around 275* or thereabouts. They looked beautiful, but I was craving bark, so I brushed them with honey. While I was looking for sesame oil, I stumbled across a container of Foil Hat Rub, JACKPOT! I'm sure it is my very last, but it was what I was craving. The rest of the ribs were given this rub. Again, I was craving bark, so I brushed these with a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays and Rooster sauce a half hour before removal. They really hit the spot. We do these little noodle bowls a lot as the girls love them.

IMG_3095.jpg

I was a little lazy and just broke the meat up. Well, gotta go check my pork chops. They've been smoking for an hour now.

Come on, Gore, I'd at least like a chance to win this thing. Those boneless ribs are awesome looking! You are ruining this thing for everyone. :laugh:

Back