THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we will have a group of 6 judges and a table captain visit our site for 20 minutes but we will not be given a time when they will be there?
we are expected to have seats at a table for them and no walls on the ez-ups?

You will be told when they will be at your area at the cooks meeting.

You do not have to have tables or chairs. It is recommended and if you would like to have them and need assistance getting them, we will do our best to help you.

Eric

Update

The winners will be announced on the radio.

The format will probably be something akin to:

Bob Smith of Burnin' Love BBQ was the Grand Champion blah, blah, blah.

That being said, I will need 1 persons name with each team name. As a default, I will use the name for the contact person for the teams. If the name you would like announced is different than that you signed up under, I need to know.

Eric

The winners will be announced on the radio.

The format will probably be something akin to:

Bob Smith of Burnin' Love BBQ was the Grand Champion blah, blah, blah.

That being said, I will need 1 persons name with each team name. As a default, I will use the name for the contact person for the teams. If the name you would like announced is different than that you signed up under, I need to know.

Eric

Nice I can hear it now:

Norma Stitz of "OUT of the Ashes BBQ"... AM or FM or SiriXM?

i quoted post 129(yours), and I answered your stuff in red. :)

I gotcha now homeboy, I thought that whole thing in grey was a quote from somwhere else......so stop yelling at me, you know I'm kinda slow...:biggrin:

so with the judging categories, taste, creativity and originality, are they going to be weighted like the KCBS scores are?

Overnight at Sayville

What is Gillete Park like?..can I set up some tent for me and my team to catch a couple of zzzzz's? The few comps that I have participated in have all been in the summer...cold night time temps never have been an issue and I usually sleep on a beach chair underneat my canopy...not sure how to play it for this one. Any advise....?

Gilette Park is right in the middle of a residential area, but setting up tents and the like has never been an issue before. I would however recommend relying more on warm clothes than shelter in terms of keeping warm.

Update

We are very pleased to announce that the Battle of the BBQ Brethren has been deemed an on-site certification locale by IMBAS for those wishing to apply for Certified MOINK Baller status.

Please contact me off site to schedule a time for your examination.

Good luck.

Eric

It'll be great to see you guys as well.

I'm looking forward to the potluck dinner and getting to sit down and kibitz with everyone.

I can't believe it's only a couple of weeks out!

Eric

Me either! I can't believe the lack of board chatter about Sayville this year, this is really the only time of year that I usually post in the forums.

Eric, any idea as to how many teams will be competing this year? Will the list be posted on the website prior to the comp? Also, any idea when the official flyer will be posted to the website? I saw it up sayvillefallfestival.com.

Thanks

Sled is cooking elsewhere this year:lol:

And unlike Poobah, I will be coming back to try to defend my GC title.

Should be a ton of fun. Wine&Swine is also flying in to lend a hand and I'm planning a few surprises.

Update

The winner of the 'BBQ All-Stars' competition will receive free entry into the 2010 Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

All you have to do to enter is make a donation to Breast Cancer Help of Bay Shore ($ amount is up to you) and present 2 extra ribs and chicken during turn-ins. The secondary ribs and chickens will be in a separate box and will be without garnish.

Eric

The winner of the 'BBQ All-Stars' competition will receive free entry into the 2010 Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

All you have to do to enter is make a donation to Breast Cancer Help of Bay Shore ($ amount is up to you) and present 2 extra ribs and chicken during turn-ins. The secondary ribs and chickens will be in a separate box and will be without garnish.

Eric

Sounds fun. Judged only on taste and tenderness?

It'll be great to see you guys as well.

I'm looking forward to the potluck dinner and getting to sit down and kibitz with everyone.

Eric

Eric,

I tried searching the thread for the pot luck dinner details and I am having no luck. Did a roll call get done yet? If so, did I volunteer?

Getting old...old timer's disease!!

Back