THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i always leave the bark on and never had an issue, if the bark didn't look good i took it off.

I used to always take it off, 'cause that's what I too was taught when I started. After reading so much about it on the web..aI now longer do. The Que comes out fine with it. If it was loose or real punky I would leave it out.

I never even thought about it nor knew there were two different camps on it so to speak..always just burned it all

if it doesn't have a nasty growth it can stay. If it comes off on the way to the firebox I'll save it for the fireplace, or gasser. If the bark is bad, I'll take a look at the wood and decide whether or not I want to cook with it. That doesn't happen that often.

If it falls off when splitting, so be it. Otherwise I leave it on.
I always take the bark off of my birch chunks as it tends to produce a black oily smoke.

Back