THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made a 5 cheese pepperoni pizza and used the Bagna for a white sauce. It was pretty good. In my opinion, this needs to stay warm to be really good.

Roo-B-Q'N said:
In my opinion, this needs to stay warm to be really good.

Oh come on! It was really.... ummm... "interesting" with White Castles dunked in it and allowed to get to room temperature. :roll:

I forgot to post a thanks for this recipe... so thank you. I made it last week and the wife loved it. Then I took the rest to a family get together last weekend and it was a hit. I did find that people either loved it or didn't care for it at all.

I definitely want to try it with clams over pasta.

I agree with Bill...you can smell those anchovies a mile away......but they made me try it at the bash. Good thing there was alot of good beer on hand....really hated having to drink all those beers to get rid of that taste.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Oh come on! It was really.... ummm... "interesting" with White Castles dunked in it and allowed to get to room temperature. :roll:

Forgot who said it but they said it was good cold or warm. After that stuffed cooled down it was horible. But with White Castles involved . . . .

Gonna drop this...........well maybe not. Wifey took a full batch to her work Christmas lunch today. Also took some loves of foreign type bread and carrots and celery sticks. Ye old crockpot was danged near full when she left this am. Came home with about a cup of the fine food that was left over. Her coworkers wanted the recipe and wifey called me. I said it will cost them ten bucks apiece. If their not Brethren then I cant give em the recipe. Its my only ace in the hole in this area. Thanks to Greg/Parrothead for introducing me to this fine fine dish. It was a huge hit!

Mike

Bumping this thread for a few reasons. First and foremost, because I miss Bull dearly. Reading his posts......well, I can almost hear his voice again. Had some really good conversations with him.

Secondly, so our newer members can see where the history is at.

Thirdly, something new to try. If you research bagna cauda enough, here on the forum, it really doesn't sound like something you'd want to eat. Lmao! But, it is really good stuff. Vampires, zombies, spouses, even your kids and MIL will avoid you for days after as your pores exude a bagna like aroma. You gotta try it to experience it!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14969&highlight=bagna+cauda

Miss you, Bull! Love you, Brother. Always sending you sweet, thin, blue smoke signals. Peace.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting about this dish, but canned soup?!?!? Never heard of that before, I think I'll take a pass and make the original version with just butter & olive oil.

This was a bash staple for a few years.. and i would bring a crock pot and a 5-6 loaves of italian bread to contests, make a big pot of it and then walk around from tent to tent meeting the teams. It sounds like a scary recipe but its awesome. Its by far NOT the traditional italian recipe, because its made to be done in larger batches. The original recipe is for a family to use as a dip.. this goes more along the lines of a meal(more like a fondue).

Bigmista brought this to a Bash awhile back - fantastic stuff! If eating a bunch of BBQ at a Bash doesn't already make you explode like the guy in the Monty Python movie, this'll get you there for sure.

Have a mint..:)

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back