THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Batch Image
Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis
Name or Nickame
Gore (surprise!)
Looks like I get to drive someone's car from Baltimore to Denver in about 4 weeks. So many options with routes and food. :whoo: I'll leave it open to suggestions and list a few options:

1. Direct: I 70 all the way, baby, pit stop in Kansas City.

2. Don't be stupid, you know spherical geometry. Align with a great circle route and go more northerly through Chicago and pick up some pizza on the way.

3. Why limit yourself? See a bit of the country. It's been years since you've taken a drive to Wall Drug!

Chicago!!!! :rockon:

When will you be here? I'm sure we could get some farkers to meet you.

It'll be about the third week of August and have no idea when -- could be the middle of the night. We've now decided to leave the details to my 15-year-old daughter -- now how farked is that! :doh:

I haven't been IN Chicago in decades. I would love to stop by for some pizza. I still remember the last pizza I had there. Nothing like a Chicago pizza. :hungry:

3. Why limit yourself? See a bit of the country. It's been years since you've taken a drive to Wall Drug!

Wall Drugs! Did you get free ice water? We actually spent 3 nights in Wall in 2013. Rented one of the cabins just south of the Interstate.

What are the chances of making the Chicago Bash on 8/14? I'll be going. You sure you don't need to take the car to L.A.? Phubar and Padawan get here on the 1st and that weekend we got a big ole Bash going on.

BTW had an all-to-short but very good hang w/chicagokp & Shaggy last year - by all means look 'em up!

Wall Drugs! Did you get free ice water? We actually spent 3 nights in Wall in 2013. Rented one of the cabins just south of the Interstate.

Of course we got free ice water! My wife and I were at Wall Drug in 1995 and also visited Amsterdam that year. On the same roll of film we got a picture of me riding the jackalope and this sign in front of the Amsterdam train station:

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment.

What are the chances of making the Chicago Bash on 8/14? I'll be going. You sure you don't need to take the car to L.A.? Phubar and Padawan get here on the 1st and that weekend we got a big ole Bash going on.

BTW had an all-to-short but very good hang w/chicagokp & Shaggy last year - by all means look 'em up!

Unfortunately, my other daughter's college move-in day is 8/14 in South Carolina. I'm guessing we will be leaving there on 8/16, doing laundry on 8/17, then departing 8/17. We might be in the Chicago area 8/17 evening or lunchtime 8/18. It is hard to know. I live in a house full of women and I do not make any decisions. If I try, then I'm farked. I just try to nudge a bit. Definitely, I know not to try to make a schedule because I will always be late, sometimes by a few hours and other times, a few days (yes, days). :mmph:

The only endpoints I know for certain are that I will be in South Carolina on 8/14 and I will be departing Denver on 8/24. Dang, that's only ten days. I'm nuts. :shock:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Of course we got free ice water!

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment

Wow and I thought they had a lot of signs across SD! We didn't spend 3 days in Wall Drugs, but used it as a base to explore The Badlands, Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore and Sturgis. It was a great trip!

It'll be about the third week of August and have no idea when -- could be the middle of the night. We've now decided to leave the details to my 15-year-old daughter -- now how farked is that! :doh:

I haven't been IN Chicago in decades. I would love to stop by for some pizza. I still remember the last pizza I had there. Nothing like a Chicago pizza. :hungry:

Of course we got free ice water! My wife and I were at Wall Drug in 1995 and also visited Amsterdam that year. On the same roll of film we got a picture of me riding the jackalope and this sign in front of the Amsterdam train station:

Wall%20Drug%20Sign.jpg

I had no idea you could spend 3 nights there. I'll have to see if my daughter is interested. She just might die of embarrassment.

Unfortunately, my other daughter's college move-in day is 8/14 in South Carolina. I'm guessing we will be leaving there on 8/16, doing laundry on 8/17, then departing 8/17. We might be in the Chicago area 8/17 evening or lunchtime 8/18. It is hard to know. I live in a house full of women and I do not make any decisions. If I try, then I'm farked. I just try to nudge a bit. Definitely, I know not to try to make a schedule because I will always be late, sometimes by a few hours and other times, a few days (yes, days). :mmph:

The only endpoints I know for certain are that I will be in South Carolina on 8/14 and I will be departing Denver on 8/24. Dang, that's only ten days. I'm nuts. :shock:

Well, if it works out and you wanna connect, let me know.

Isn't the Bash on Saturday the 13th? Iffin it's Sunday the 14th I can make it.

Well, if it works out and you wanna connect, let me know.

As the plans evolve, I'll let you know. If it were only me, I would plan the entire trip around meeting Brethren, but I'm only one person on the trip and if you are married and have kids, you know where I am on the totem pole making decisions. We're redoing the bathroom upstairs and I said, "Any color but yellow." Well fark me, if she didn't say last night, "wow, that color that 'we' picked out looks awfully yellow." -- "yes, I know." :mmph:

Back