THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrok2118

Full Fledged Farker
After seeing Zings post http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99700 I knew I had to try this. Problem was I dont have a grill. So I sprung for a new One Touch Gold 22.5.

IMG_0050.jpg

Now time to break it in with some burgers. I made a beef mix with some 80/20 and spices along with an egg and some bread crumbs. Got my Jimmy Dean sausage and started building

IMG_0051.jpg

No pics of the cheese but its in there. Quite frankly they came out a little big

IMG_0053.jpg

The plan was a reverse sear on the kettle, so I lit a chimney of lump and pushed it to the back. I added some chunks of peach wood I recently recieved from fruitawood.com. I let it simmer down and started smoking the burgers indirectly. I think the temp stayed fairly low because I must have had them on there for 30-45 min (wasnt paying attention). By the time they were ready for a sear the coals were dying down and I couldnt get them crisp'd but it may have worked out for the best. They got plump but kept a good burger shape, just a little enormous for everyone. Bottom line: Fa nominal! Everyone loved them. The cheese exploded on the first bite and was quite messy but worth it. I didnt have chili a la Zing's burgers, but I did doctor up some Bush's beans to add that little extra.

IMG_0054.jpg

My creation:
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

I was the only one who could finish the whole thing, but Ive been preparing for this day for a while :-D

And o yeah check out that smoke ring!

IMG_0058.jpg

Thanks again Zing for the inspiration and a reason to finally pull the trigger on a kettle.

I really love the Sausage Burgers. You should try it with some pepperjack it is to die for.

Looks like you nailed it. The burgers look great :clap2:. So does that shiney new cooker.

Back