Backwoods Chubby G2 or G3

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Been on the fence on getting the G2 or G3 version of the chubby. I know that the G3 is the "imported" version of the American made G2. Landed on these two because of capacity, dimensions, and ease of access. Trust me, its a pain in the butt assembling a WSM in a wheelchair lol (hopefully the chair is out of the picture soon). Difference in cost to me at-my-door price is about $600 (freaking freight charges!). I have reached out to Backwoods already and awaiting a return email and/or call. I guess the big question is, the extra $600 worth it? Since my wife is absolutely sick of listening to me about this, I figured I would ask like-minded folks and just gather opinions on this. Personally, I want to go American made "buy once, cry once" thinking. Just wanted to hear other peoples experiences. I've scoured the web and youtube to gather as much info as I could.

Anyways, have a great weekend!

Have you thought about going to pick it up? You could check on it with the G2. I'm not too far from there.

Good Luck!

Have you thought about going to pick it up? You could check on it with the G2. I'm not too far from there.
Okay

Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. However I’m in no condition to drive my truck yet. Otherwise I’d consider it. Shoot with diesel prices so high, I may lose money!

I’m an impatient guy so I’ll probably order it tomorrow and start planning cooks :biggrin1:

Well I pulled the trigger on the G2. I’m glad to have gotten the American made product ���� Even though my wallet may not think so. I’m pumped; but now the wait…

Otherwise I didn't see a quick side by side of the feature differences between the G2 & G3 if the build is the same I'd save the $$ frankly - if the G2 gets you thicker steel, better insulation, etc then I'd spend it.

To be fully transparent, there was some logistics problems as well as me being impatient. So long story short, I ordered a G3, saved some $$$ and it's shipping out today. The gentleman at Backwoods was very helpful.

To be fully transparent, there was some logistics problems as well as me being impatient. So long story short, I ordered a G3, saved some $$$ and it's shipping out today. The gentleman at Backwoods was very helpful.

I'm going to bet you'll be happy with it. Did you ever find a list of the differences.

Back