Baby Backs With Honey, Butter & Sugar

Chett. L

is one Smokin' Farker
Baby Backs With Honey, Butter & Sugar

Used Ozark Heat rub on the bone side, let them sit for a half hour then put Honey Hog rub on the meat side for half hour. Let the meat sweat for 1 hour total with rub. Also pulled the meat out of the fridge for a half hour before seasoning. Total out of the fridge time an 1 1/2 before cooking.

Cooked them for 2 hours at 275f, sprayed with apple juice every hour. Cooked for 2 1/2 hours, then pulled the ribs off and wrapped with foil using Honey, Butter and Brown Sugar, and sprinkled some more honey hog rub before wrapping it foil. this time cooked them meat side down the in foil for another 2 hours,

Overall these are the best baby back so far, incredible flavor extremely tender fall off the bone baby back‘s.
The honey and brown sugar along with the butter gave these baby back‘s and incredible flavor and taste.

My intention however, was never to make fall off the bone ribs, this is just how they turned out. Next time I am going to either dial the temperature to 250f instead of 275 and or cut the cook time down by a half hour. I want to be able to cut the ribs without them falling apart completely.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 199
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Great lookin' ribs

A lot of people will talk bad about "candy" ribs and fall off the bone ribs but they would be a big hit with my household

Looks good to me. I don't mind fall off the bone. My biggest concern is they are not dried out. I do mine very similar just not as high heat to keep charing down and now use cider vinegar instead of butter.

Heck Yea- Home Made McRib Sandwiches. I’ve never had an actual McDonald’s McRib sandwich but I’ve made the home version. Enjoy

Those BB's look great. I'd say easiest way to keep from falling off the bone tender would be cut down on wrap time. That steaming process will tenderize them quickly. I want to do some BB's never have smoked any.
If you smoke baked beans with them take the juices from the wrap and pour it into the baked beans. UNREAL!

Looks good to me. I don't mind fall off the bone. My biggest concern is they are not dried out. I do mine very similar just not as high heat to keep charing down and now use cider vinegar instead of butter.

Hi Joe,

Thank you.

Those BB's look great. I'd say easiest way to keep from falling off the bone tender would be cut down on wrap time. That steaming process will tenderize them quickly. I want to do some BB's never have smoked any.
If you smoke baked beans with them take the juices from the wrap and pour it into the baked beans. UNREAL!

Hi Joedy,

I will try that next time.

Thanks you!

Back