THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bgross88

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
B
Good morning,

I know there have been several recent threads on charcoal sales, so I wanted to post the following information.

ACE Hardware currently has B&B briquettes on sale--17.6 lb bag-- for $9.99.

I just picked up 5 bags.

Happy Hunting!

I'd love to see more opinions on these briquettes. I'm seeing an older thread or two indicating that they're longer to light and shorter lasting than KBB. Anyone used them more recently?

I alternate between these and RO all natural. The B&B last a little longer as the briqs are bigger. Also, if you have an Academy near, they’re always $8.99 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a rack of ribs on now using it. So far, I’m pretty happy. Slow burning, no issues lighting it and seems to burn clean.

**less ash than KBB as well**

I wish I had an Academy near me. :sad:

Last edited:
I use them exclusively. Weber is my favorite, but I can’t always get them. I cook on a Weber 26. They are great for low and slow, searing a steak, and anything in between. I can’t say enough good things about them.

Back