August ***SPECIAL*** "2023 Burger Challenge" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All MONTH!

Beer Can Bacon Cheeseburger. Fill it up with your favorite ingredients. Mine was mushroom, onion, garlic & green chile.

xGyvHA4h.jpg

SgqoVXYh.jpg

21CRXQTh.jpg

Please use this as my second entry pic.

4vBRbteh.jpg

This one! It's missing the white gravy :becky:

20230818-231950.jpg

Unless I missed something, we really don't know what that is. It could be cubed beef, it could be ground chicken, or, even a chicken cutlet. If it's a chicken cutlet, then it's really not a burger, is it?

I don't need to mention that a burger used to be defined as a ground beef patty between two buns, not that we won't accept other versions that include some kind of ground protein between two buns.

I am requesting that everyone entering Throwdowns at least identify what exactly your entry is so we don't have to try and figure it out.

MC5LFLT.gif

That is all...:yo:

Ground is key and I agree which is apparent with all the entries except the one in question.

Not sure why mine was singled out, but if breaded chicken doesn't qualify, you can remove my #2 Entry. I honestly wasn't even going to use it until someone else added a breaded chicken "burger". So i figured its a free for all.

This is an entry!

I forgot about this TD until I saw the thread this morning so I don't have pictures of the cooking process :(

1/3 lb. Ground Chuck Burger on a toasted brioche bun with spinach, cheddar, bacon and crispy onions!

I cooked this burger on 8/11 while at the Forest River International RV Rally in Goshen, IN on my Weber Q1000 little gasser connected to our motorhome propane connection.

IMG-5433.jpg

Please use this picture :-D

I strayed from the usual to try something different.
8oz patty, grilled on flat side Grill Grates over lump and mesquite, on the Weber Go Anywhere.
Good Danish blue cheese.
Toasted pretzel bun with light slather of mayo.
Mushroom/port wine reduction sauce.

Please use the plated burger pic as TD entry photo. Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure why mine was singled out, but if breaded chicken doesn't qualify, you can remove my #2 Entry. I honestly wasn't even going to use it until someone else added a breaded chicken "burger". So i figured its a free for all.

Bob, it's not so much that yours was singled out as much as we weren't clear exactly what it was, as there was no description of the entry.

I also understand why you might think that the definition of a burger was flexible given the previous breaded entry. This is why we mods step in from time to time to clarify issues like this.

Pretzel buns, blue cheese and the reduction. My kinda burger. :clap2:

I strayed from the usual to try something different.
8oz patty, grilled on flat side Grill Grates over lump and mesquite, on the Weber Go Anywhere.
Good Danish blue cheese.
Toasted pretzel bun with light slather of mayo.
Mushroom/port wine reduction sauce.

Please use the plated burger pic as TD entry photo. Thanks

Back