At home with baby for a while, recommendations for different things to smoke?

Slice the spam about 1/4 to 3/8" thick. Any thinner and it dries out more.
Dry rub, what ever you like.
Smoke at 250* till you get a crispy edge/crust, or more. Again your choice. Smoking at 275* and higher again tends to dry it out.
I also glaze with my apple chipotle sauce I make if I have any ready.
Couple examples. And I don't like spam, but this is good!
Spinach, I put in a wire mesh basket and smoke around 275* to get the moisture out. Lots of ways to use it.
Smoke some nuts. they freeze well and make great gifts also. If you don't eat them all. Some butter, seasoning and smoke till you get a few dark colored ones (those are favorite of most folks). Add a small amount of some real maple syrup at the end for the sweetness.

Thanks. It will be done!

You HAVE to try meatloaf. Your favorite recipe, cook until internal of 145°, glaze with sauce and keep cooking until internal of 160°. Besides that, turkey and a fatty. Pecans work really good too at 225. Soak 3/4 lb of halves in water for 10 minutes. Throw on a tablespoon of bbq rub and mix up. Smoke for 1 hour

Cute kiddo!!

Last edited:
Guinea pig? :pound: :pound:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4228262&postcount=31

CzaksiFVQAEoTfR

Thank you all for the ideas. I have been a little busy so did not get to take pictures of all of it. We have had, salmon, chicken thighs two different ways, ribs, and tonight was smoked meatloaf. This is the first time I ever made it, but it was amazing. Thank you all fellow brethern.

Last edited:
Love it, Craig. - A huge welcome to James!

He is absolutely beautiful and a sight to behold.

Sure looks like you've got this cooking for momma and Co thing under control! Those meatloaves look wonderful.

Hollar if you need something. We've got your back.

Back