Assigned seating for your meat on your Gravity Fed?

ElQueTraz

Knows what a fatty is.
So what's your favorite shelf to put each meat ( Ribs, chicken, pork shoulder and brisket) during your cooks? Top, middle, bottom?

I'm sure most of you have figured out which works best during a single cook and all four meat cooks.

never really thought about it other than i would put chicken on the bottom rack as it is about 30-50 degrees hotter.

never really thought about it other than i would put chicken on the bottom rack as it is about 30-50 degrees hotter.

Makes a lot of sense.... Just figured all that rack space, someone may have gotten into the science of it by level. In the end, it's delicious smoked meat :)

I agree that chicken goes on the bottom or to the side as long as nothing is under it. Can’t stand the thought of chicken dripping on anything else even if it all gets fully cooked.
So, if there is no chicken in the plan, pork shoulder goes on the bottom rack. Hottest there and pig shoulder is very forgiving. Brisket is such a long cook that i like to be sure that it is not in the hottest area.

I agree that chicken goes on the bottom or to the side as long as nothing is under it. Can’t stand the thought of chicken dripping on anything else even if it all gets fully cooked.
So, if there is no chicken in the plan, pork shoulder goes on the bottom rack. Hottest there and pig shoulder is very forgiving. Brisket is such a long cook that i like to be sure that it is not in the hottest area.

Very good point about not wanting the chicken to drip on other meats! Yah, just sounds scary. I'm thinking ribs on the very top shelf, if going 250 degrees, low /slow.

Back