THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bearnakedbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Having a BBQ event and need some help! I need to hire someone to draw our event logo/poster/t-shirt.

Name of the event is "Valley Trash BBQ Bash".

Background on the name.
In July 2004, Ben Stevens (son of Senator Ted Stevens) responded to a critical e-mail from a constituent with the comment, "Your [sic] just more valley trash," setting off a minor controversy among residents of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley (Palmer and Wasilla), including former Wasilla mayor (and future Alaska Governor) Sarah Palin.[3] "Proud to Be Valley Trash" became a slogan among Mat-Su Valley residents, and Palin was photographed wearing a t-shirt with the slogan during her successful 2006 campaign for Governor of Alaska.

The event will be held on June 11th and 12th in downtown Palmer Alaska.

$12,000 in cash and prizes.

8 food categories, Brisket, Pork Butt, Ribs, Chicken, Steak, Salmon, Wild Game, and Dessert.

Cost is $200 for all (8) categories or $35 per single Category.

Artist can pick color and design etc.....

Two ways to do this.

I can just hire it out (not a clue on what this should cost) or we can have a contest and let the Brethren Vote on the winner. with a cash prize for the winner.

What do you think?

Last edited:
N8Man is my go to guy...and not just because I'm scared of him :)
Seriously, he does great work - easy to work with. Very easy.

(pssst...Mr. Nate, did I do good? Did I get it right? Please don't hurt me...) Oh, is this still getting posted...oooppps. :)

It depends on what you want. N8man is where I would go, but, that is in part, because N8man has an edge and darkness to his work that I really like. Patrick at BBQLogos does great work also, but, I think of him as the Home of the Happy Pig. I would also suggest contacting Phubar if you want a urban edge, as his work is very cool, but reflects a more urban/Euro edge. He does edgy happy pigs.

Back