THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GUYS, GUYS, I got to tell you about this new smoker I got this weekend! Pretty Sweet! It even came loaded with food....Can you believe that?? What a DEAL!

Seriously though......that's just wrong!

Ask for the meat back! I had a small personal smoker with meat on it get stolen when I lived in Denver back in 84'. Took the grill and my ribs while I was at the clubhouse playing pool. I went and bought another and a lock and chain.

Crap. I had such high hpoes for Georgia. Sounds like NYC. (no offense). I've had porch furniture stolen and asseme his insurance will cover, but custom built value is bad. Fark!:mad2:

Okay here's the deal. This is not a random crime.

My guess:
1. Inside job: someone(s) that has been to the house, knows there is a cooker there, and made plans.

2. Teenage prank (most likely scenario): some stoned teenagers with a pick-up (every male teen in Ga has access to pick-up) smells yummy BBQ, make plans to snatch it, eat contents (probably not even done yet), then dispose of cooker in some field or random parking lot.

That sucks big time. Dunno what I would do in that situatuation. Oh wait! Time to build a bigger and better one. And invest in a few good dogs...

Pad lock hasps are hardened steel….think brittle…two small pipe wrenches and a lock hasp will snap easier than any pipe connection ever could. Not every body has bolt cutters, super quick and silent.
I agree with the idea of an inside job….you don’t just drive down the road and think …wow I need a new fully loaded pit.
Good luck to your neighbor, like John said, they might find out on some back road party field.

That blows. I wonder if his home owners insurance policy would cover it, assuming it is worth more than the deductible and covered in general.

Maybe. Depends on the HO Policy. A HO3 Policy would cover it under the personal property coverage. However an insurance co. may limit the coverage to $1,000 under the trailers not used for water craft Special Limits of Liability section of the HO3.

Bottom line is he would need to read his policy.

Man, that's horrible. In the words of Russel Peters "somebody gonna get a hurt real bad"!:evil::evil::evil:

I have to say, a friend of mine has a towable smoker for his shop, which is located out of the way and he went nuts on security. Removes the wheels and stores them offsite when he is not towing it. Removable tongue and welded solid frame on trailer, so it cannot be chain towed. Runs separate chains through the rear frame and around the axles, and the chains are cast into the concrete.

It seems nuts, but, trailer theft is just not that uncommon.

Might not be that uncommon, but you have to be mighty low to steal someone's smoker. I'd put that person in the same category with any low life who'd steal your dog. There's a special kind of hell for someone who'd do that kind of thing. :tsk:

Mine was stolen by columbian crew sent by cable company to fiber-optic the neighborhood. Blew up 2 houses by whacking gas lines & drove around nights liberating porch furniture

Back