THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frayedend

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jim
Just got the Signals for my birthday. It has 3 cooking/meat probes and only 1 air probe. I'd like to use this to measure the temp in different parts of my offset (LSG 20x42). Is there any reason the meat probes shouldn't be used in just air? I'm wondering if accuracy is a problem if they are designed for contact with meat.

In any case I do have an extra air probe from my Smoke that I can use. But I really want to test 4 places at once.

I recall someone reaching out to Thermworks about this and they responded that both probes function in a similar manner. The meat probes are thinner (at least at the end where the temperature measurement is taken), so it will change faster. The ambient probes are thicker so they aren't quite as quick to respond to changes in temperature. But they did say that both probes would be interchangeable as they would both work as meat probes and ambient probes.

So yeah you can definitely use a meat probe as an ambient temp probe. I've done it before and used half a lemon or a half an onion to hold the probe in place.

Back