THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tim
Somewhere in the past, someone recommended "Apple Smoked Bacon".
I can not find that in a search.

Anyway, I asked Karen to shop a "Chi-Chi" place in Tallahassee (Fresh Market) while she was there a few months ago.
She brought home a pound of thick sliced Apple Smoked Bacon at $7.95 :twisted:
Fark, I am a ROF on a fixed income :twisted:
I threw it into the freezer and calmed down. :lol:

Cooked it up today and all I can say is "WOW"!
Smelled wonderful from the package and even better when cooked!
Bold flavor!
I have never, ever tasted that much difference in bacon taste!!!!

She now has my blessing to buy all of it the Master Card will allow :lol:

TIM

Kapn, I hear ya......sticker shock for sure. Gonne try and make me some bacon here at home. Wow 8 dollars a pound.......

Mike

Nueske's makes a crazy good applesmoked bacon-- I think it starts at $20/2 pounds. A little goes a long way though. I usually eat a ton too much bacon, but I could have just a 1/2 ton of the Nueske's and be happy.

The_Kapn said:
Somewhere in the past, someone recommended "Apple Smoked Bacon".
I can not find that in a search.

Anyway, I asked Karen to shop a "Chi-Chi" place in Tallahassee (Fresh Market) while she was there a few months ago.
She brought home a pound of thick sliced Apple Smoked Bacon at $7.95 :twisted:
Fark, I am a ROF on a fixed income :twisted:
I threw it into the freezer and calmed down. :lol:

Cooked it up today and all I can say is "WOW"!
Smelled wonderful from the package and even better when cooked!
Bold flavor!
I have never, ever tasted that much difference in bacon taste!!!!

She now has my blessing to buy all of it the Master Card will allow :lol:

TIM

Check out that thread about making bacon and do some yourself smoked with apple wood. :mrgreen:

Good find Kapn !!...

About a year ago, I bought some excellent All Natural Apple Smoked Bacon at Whole Foods Market once (can't recall the brand name, only the package colors)... It was the best bacon I had up to that point... Next time I went there about three months later, they did not have it...but had a similar brand...not nearly as good...

The Nueske (apple smoked from Wisconsin) is really good and has more of a BBQ taste than normal bacon and does not have as much loss either (but it is very strong flavored). I also really like Niman Ranch (they does a cured or uncured) it is a little sweeter and less smokey but alos very good. I also use Scheller & Weber which comes in a slab and is really dense, good smoke and very meaty. I find most of these bacons better in a dish than on there own (I made a BLT recently with Nueske and my wife commented that all she could taste was the bacon) and a little goes a long way.

Back