THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw one folded on the shelf at Home Depot, across the isle from the Loco griddle. The Loco is a nice piece of equipment but I didn’t get that close a look at the Weber.

I've never owned a griddle but this might be a first. I went to Weber's website and read the reviews. One customer said the instructions state that the griddle needs to be seasoned. This might explain why the burgers stuck in the video. I honestly wouldn't even consider cooking on a griddle without some oil first. Gonna be watching this item.

if its made in china junk like my LE red, I'd just go with something already on the market thats cheaper.

My most recent Weber purchase was a 26” kettle a couple years back. I was surprised and unhappy to see that Weber was now using hollow stamped nuts in the hardware bag instead of regular screws and nuts. Like, out of the $400 I paid for this grill, they couldn’t have put 20 more pennies towards better hardware? Definitely soured me a bit on new Weber stuff.

I've had a blackstone a few years thats been good. If i ever need a new one i would give the weber a look. I do agree I think Weber quality has slipped a little the last few years and would purchase with caution without seeing in person or lots of positive reviews. After using mine unless you have close counters or tables i recommend something with side tables on both sides. Having everything you need to cook in arms reach is key with the griddles.

Weber has lost me as a customer. The huge price increases, outsourcing, thin metals, way overpriced replacement parts and decline in customer service have made me go elsewhere.

I too went with SteelMade.

My most recent Weber purchase was a 26” kettle a couple years back. I was surprised and unhappy to see that Weber was now using hollow stamped nuts in the hardware bag instead of regular screws and nuts. Like, out of the $400 I paid for this grill, they couldn’t have put 20 more pennies towards better hardware? Definitely soured me a bit on new Weber stuff.

That would have been reason to return…

Back