THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I have an extra chuck roast in the fridge and was gonna do pulled beef or chisket. Got to thinking about it and realized I haven't had any burnt ends in a while ( other than real burnt ends off a packer, I'm talking faux ends here). Anyone ever have any luck doing these with a chuck roast? Any tips for success?

I used what I think was chuck roast pieces trying burnt ends for the first time last week. I used cubes of beef stew meat that's used for kabobs or stews they sell in the store already cubed. I just smoked the cubes awhile right on a perforated pan. After awhile I put in a pan with a more rub and sauce sauced and let cook longer. They were devoured real fast.

I smoke the roasts whole then cube and sauce. They are tasty...

^^^^
This

MemDay1430_zpsf662f849.jpg

That already happened here. I won't buy chuck roast at $5 a pound almost. I rather get a whole brisket for $3.40 a pound.

I think I paid $3.50 /lbs. Brisket runs about 3.30 but with all the fat the chuck is a better deal.

I'll probably do a brisket for labor day but I don't normally do ends out of my brisket.

Burnt ends are done and delicious. The sauce was Stubbs hickory bourbon mixed with a spicy sweet marinate.

The butt is stalling. Wrapped in foil and coasting in the oven. Should be done for a late night snack.

Back