THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man your butts looking good....Not in a gay way :biggrin: . Gonna be some happy people. Stopped by on the way home from work, picked up 10# fresh leg quarters at 59 cents/lb. Marinading them and gonna throw on with 2 Tri= tips, and sausage. Party tonight at work :icon_clown !

Jim, the UDS is just about a set it and forget it type cooker, my other grill with fire box gives me about 2.5-3 cooking time before I have to add more lump and chunks to it. Nor, sounds like your work is the place to be at tonight. :p Ed

I didn't get up 'til 8:30. the temp droped to 150ish. i dumped a load of lit lump and got it back up again. kept it in for a few more hours. foiled it them dumped it into the oven. It's 2:30 and it's at 205*. I'm gonna cooler it and bring it to my friends to pull and eat.

When I delivered the 2nd batch of butts to the party, I asked how the turkeys were and was told they are still a little frozen. They were right when I lifted them out of the cooler there was still ice in the body cavity. I thought not a big deal we can get over this hurdle but serving them at the time they wanted would be pushed back a little. I ran water over them to finish melting the ice, injected them with a little garlic and herb marinade and lowerys and fried them bad boys up. All in all it was a very long day but I received 2 marriage proposals and 3 requests to come cook on a regular basis for them. Ed. :-D

Back