THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Mrs ~t~ is usually in charge of the food or clothing items we donate at various times during the year, and it seems each local group has a recommended list. Items at the top of the Letter Carriers list are cereal, pasta, rice, beans, canned veggies and fruits, peanut butter, oatmeal, juices, canned tuna, soups, cooking oils etc. so we pickup some of these things.

But cooks, whether indoor or outdoor are mindful of flavor so I like to hit the BBQ isle at the market and pick up bottles of rub, Montreal, garlic pepper, lemon pepper along with some KC Masterpiece and Bulls-Eye sauces because it comes in plastic bottles (they don't take glass containers). I figure a little extra flavor goes a long way and can add a little variety.

I don't do condiments, but I try to find canned meats or foods with high nutritional value. The food donated here goes to a food bank and usually feeds families with small children or elderly, people on limited incomes or people going through hard times.
I drop off bags of food at my local post office.

Back