THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkey was 3 hours late. I think my crappy thermometer is wrong in the uds!! Either that or the rotis. added a bunch of time (is that possible?). Turkey ended up tasting good, not spectacular like I was hoping (I thought it would be more moist) moinks were awesome, and everybody got tanked and enjoyed football!! All in all, a good turkey day! Probably will ditch the rotis. next year, and brine the bird (it was "enhanced").

^^^ themometer in the uds... In it, like physically on the cooking surface? Or on it, like external mounted thermometer. To date, I've never seen an external mounted thermometer that accurately shows the temperature on your cooking surface...

My turkey started out well but the rub burned. I should have flipped the turkeys more often.

Inspite of the charred rub, the turkey was moist and delicious. I made a turkey sammy tonight and it too was very good.

picture.php

picture.php

Not me - but another MRI_Guy had smoker issues this morning, so he decided to finish the family bird using his gasser on the deck.

Well - from what I could tell from the pics that were texted to me, the deck somehow caught on fire.

I'll probably wait until spring to give his grief about that...........

I got scared when i put the ET-73 probe into the Turkey and it shot up to 220, in the turkey :shocked: at about 2.5 hours on the smoker for a 16 pound bird.

I then realizes it was reading about 90 degrees off for some reason.

I did not have a realible back up, I went with my gut fealing that it was done.

It was done, not very juicy but not to bad.

we didn't have any family or invites this year so we decided to go to a resort close to us by boat. they always have a holiday buffet, we went for christmas lasy year and had a great time. So I have the boat splashed on wednesday so it's ready, wednesday night a cold front comes through so I put up the cabin enclosure (clear drapes that snap into place). after a wonderful afternoon on the water and a great meal we return to the marina around 5 o'clock. unpack the boat and hose everything down go to climb up the tower to lower the antenna's and grab my normal post but it's now covered in clear plastic, yep right off the boat into the basin. i've been on boats my entire life and have never fallen off a boat, until yesterday. only had a back up shirt, no shorts, towel had to do and no shoes, lost them and my glasses also.

we didn't have any family or invites this year so we decided to go to a resort close to us by boat. they always have a holiday buffet, we went for christmas lasy year and had a great time. So I have the boat splashed on wednesday so it's ready, wednesday night a cold front comes through so I put up the cabin enclosure (clear drapes that snap into place). after a wonderful afternoon on the water and a great meal we return to the marina around 5 o'clock. unpack the boat and hose everything down go to climb up the tower to lower the antenna's and grab my normal post but it's now covered in clear plastic, yep right off the boat into the basin. i've been on boats my entire life and have never fallen off a boat, until yesterday. only had a back up shirt, no shorts, towel had to do and no shoes, lost them and my glasses also.

No injuries? Well, except your pride :)

For once our Thanksgiving was uneventful :-D No ER trips or anything fun. :becky:

the bottom of the breast next to the rib bones didn't look done.so, i threw that part away. next year , i'll splatch cock.

Not a catastrophe for me since we had ham & turkey, but my Brother-in-Law pulled this out of the fridge and proceeded to "cook" it for his family. I got a ton of mileage out of it for the jokes alone.

6395832423_dd831f3a4a.jpg

Cheers,
Braddog

Oh, my goodness! Hope you're ok! :eusa_clap At least you had already eaten, and "put the boat to bed", so to speak. Nothing left to do but go home and dry off. :wink:

Is it bad that I chuckled a little?? :heh::icon_blush: I'm sorry Bro! Hope you're OK.. That'll be a great story a couple years down the line! :thumb:

Cheers

Our dinner turned out great! The only screw up was making the mistake of setting our wine glasses on the coffee table after dinner...the wagging tail of a 100 lb German Shepherd took care of them in one felt swoop!

My Thanksgiving skrew-up has nothing to do with cooking but I forgot that it was the American thanksgiving all together(I think that counts) but then again I am Canadian and we had our Thanksgiving a month ago!:rolleyes:

Back