THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I myself would choose the Weber. The SnS looks nice but for the same price I think the Weber's wheeled cart makes it a better value. Not to mention the SnS has bent over backwards to replicate the legendary Weber kettle. That kinda speaks for itself. Weber also has solid customer service if you register the grill. Good luck with the choice.

If they are looking at a weber, which is a great starting point. They can Look on Craigslist, offer up or marketplace, and find some used cheap ones. I have a soft spot for redheads. The old ones when they where made in the USA. I found this performer for free that needed a little elbow grease to bring it back to life. It is a 1997 redhead performer and it is setting next to a 1979 redhead i got for 20 bucks. I vote weber too. Just depends what they want to do and how they want to cook
7ea84fb7994d1af185604aca1b615282.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Weber. 10 year warranty. Better accessories. The Mastertouch colors are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Char Griller and I like it but I dont love it. Money won that contest for me though. It was 60 at BJ's Wholesale. I wished I went with the regular 22in Weber Kettle for 109. More versatile I think. The char griller one is basically their Kamado without the ceramic insulation and is just okay as a grill.

Can't go wrong with the weber. It's been around for a long time for a reason. I liked my 22" enough to upgrade to the 26" and even though I continue to look at things like an M1 probably won't go away from the weber -- just too easy to use.

That said, the S&S looks pretty good too. Here's a link to a video Baby Back Maniac did when it was being released. It's pricey but has some nice additional features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NUzkRN7wA

Just an idea, I don't know your neighbor's financial situation, but if he doesn't want to drop that much on the Weber he can just get the 22" kettle for around $100. If he wants the cart with it (which I could see being very useful) then spend the extra. It is a thought though.

Just an idea, I don't know your neighbor's financial situation, but if he doesn't want to drop that much on the Weber he can just get the 22" kettle for around $100. If he wants the cart with it (which I could see being very useful) then spend the extra. It is a thought though.

These work well as an inexpensive side shelf - https://bbqdragon.com/product/dragon-wing-kettle-grill-shelf/.

That said, your neighbor will never regret buying a performer. If he can afford to pay up for the premium or deluxe, the additional table space is nice to have.

You might also want to take a look at Napoleon. When upgrading to a new grill I was just sick and tired of the typical unreliable products I normally bought from Home Depot in their "low end grills" that I had to replace every 3 to 5 years and decided I was going to purchase a grill that may just outlive me. I too was initially leaning towards Weber. My neighbor has one as well as one of my coworkers and they both love them. However after I spent a great deal of time researching (This is something very uncharacteristic and pretty much unusual for me) and rather than simply impulse buying or going with mainstream popular opinion I wanted to see what was out there. It did not take long to discover that even Napoleon's "big box" or mainstream models were more highly rated than the similar Weber counterparts. I eventually broke the bank (for me it was a big buy anyhow) and went with their Prestige Pro 500 model. I thank the heavens above for doing so, and now my neighbor is looking to replace his Weber with a Napoleon. He openly admits he now has "grill envy"

Back