THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat797

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Ed
Hey all,

I'm going to build a bit of a copy of a Hunsaker drum for a buddy of mine's race party benefit. Can any of you Hunsaker owners take some measurements for me? I'm looking for:

Diameter and height of smoke stack
Diameter of vortex basket
Height of ash pan off of bottom
Position of racks; I.e. Distance from bottom of barrel
How far rack supports stick out from sides

I did look on Hunsaker's site and you can buy everything to build one but that's gonna be $400 which is too much for me to spend right now so looking for some help with measurements and I will build it.

Thanks In Advance!

Ed

I'm sure you mean well here, but that is a tough ask. You basically want within seconds what took Mark years to design. He's even has patents (not pending) on his design.

Others may think differently though.......

Understand your thoughts....I seem to remember someone on here doing a clone a while back. I'll figure something out.

You can do it like Johnny Cash: "one piece at a time". Getting the parts from Hunsaker is pretty affordable.

If I build another UDS, I will use the wheels, the intake damper and possibly the stack/hinge from the Hunsaker site. Those are the features I'm most interested in... I can work around not having the adjustable racks, the grate or the vortex basket (as nice as it is).

It can be a clone without being an exact copy.

Back