THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look great! I'm curious about the solid bottom on the fire basket. I wonder if you'll have airflow issues as ash accumulates on the bottom. I'm no expert, but all of the ones i have seen in pictures have an open bottom. The solid bottom would be nice for cleanup if it doesn't affect the fire.

You are right Ron the bottom is a 16" pizza pan I found at wally world and put it on just for clean up, I hope it don't hurt the air either. We will see.

Tell me about your exhaust ... I see the flange, pipe and 90*. All "black pipe" ? height of your exhaust? Thanks.

Hey Cajun 1, The drum didn't come with a bung hole so I had to use the pipe. 2" black pipe with a 6" nipple and a 90.

Got a chance to season it this afternoon and it did pretty good. I think the bottom nipples did a lot better with air flow than the raised ball valve, might have to put the valves on the bottom with extended handles.

Attachments

• UDS 008.jpg
    UDS 008.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 33
  • UDS 009.jpg
    UDS 009.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 35
Back