THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i would be glad to call any of the places i have listed.

Feel free to talk to Bill (Willkat98 ). I'm sure he'll be glad to let you take over organizing this.

Ron,

Why does this chit come up every time its my turn to organize, and not yours? :heh: (Let's call it the Dave and Buster's effect)

Philw, you are much more the ambassador of Chicago than I am, as I've never been to any of the places you listed.

I hereby remove myself from the planning of this years January lunch.

"Planning" is really overstating it, as you're right, its really just a couple phone calls. But it sounds like you know the owner/managers of these places, which is certainly more than I know who to start with. Hell, I spent zero time planning this one. All I did was start a thread, it defaulted back to Bubs after some initial input, then Scottie offered to do all the real leg work.

Good luck!

Last edited:
i think chucks southern cafe or sweet babys rays or barn &co.
any input

Sorry guys. I was open for the 21st but am holding a brisket cooking class the 28th

Your in great hands with Phil choosing the location. Have fun!

I'm in for one. Just let me know when and where.

I could care less where we go as long as it's not that, so called BBQ joint, Salt Creek BBQ. That place was down right nasty.

I would be in for Chucks or SBR Phil...SBR wood Dale might be too small for the group (maybe not at 11:30 on a Sunday though)but Elk Grove location could accomodate a group..Neve rbeen to Chucks so not a clue as far as how much room

Chucks Place is awesome, so is the others. I am there for sure.
Barn and Co will be great too.

I will even bring goodie samples of a new seasoning we made.

I dont have an issue with Barn itself so much as an issue getting to Lincoln Park and back by 5:00

Ron,

Why does this chit come up every time its my turn to organize, and not yours? :heh: (Let's call it the Dave and Buster's effect)

Philw, you are much more the ambassador of Chicago than I am, as I've never been to any of the places you listed.

I hereby remove myself from the planning of this years January lunch.

"Planning" is really overstating it, as you're right, its really just a couple phone calls. But it sounds like you know the owner/managers of these places, which is certainly more than I know who to start with. Hell, I spent zero time planning this one. All I did was start a thread, it defaulted back to Bubs after some initial input, then Scottie offered to do all the real leg work.

Good luck!

Sorry, Bill. Thanks for everything that you did. Hopefully you'll be able to join the group wherever it ends up.

Phil, I've cleared the location and attendee list in the first post since folks will have to decide if they can make it or not based on the new location. Since you won't be able to edit the first post please PM me once a location has been determined and I'll edit the post and start a new attendee list.

i will call today and check the date with the 3 place's, post latter
thank you

ok chucks cafe & sweet baby rays(sbr) the date is good.sbr will close the woodale loc. if we have 30 .
other wise it would be elk grove loc.
chuck s is 18 bucks per , for 3 meats 2 sides
i'm sure sbr is about the same

I'll talk with Mark from Uncle Bub's and cancel.

I probably won't be able to make it. I have something later in the afternoon and would be able to make it if the location was Uncle Bub's.

Have fun.

sorry that you wont make it scotty,i just want some where new.
why go to the same places?

talked to dave at sbr & chuck at cucks cafe,&gary at barn & co. all said welcome .
sbr & chucks have easy parking
barn does not .
sbr and chucksjust under 20 bucks . sent ron a message waiting to here back

He's already a member of the Chuck E. fan club. :thumb:

Now unless you're coming to Chicago to visit us, get outta our thread :becky:

I was planning on flying out and attending but since you ousted bill as the organizer I'm boycotting. Instead I'm flying out to have a bash with racer81

Back