THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Had dinner at Andy's BBQ in Santa Clara, CA tonight. I got ribs, brisket and hot sausage. Overall, everything was well cooked, tender, juicy and all had a nice subtle smoke flavor.

The ribs are untrimmed spares and they served four bones.

There must have been close to 1/2 pound of brisket on the plate. Most of it was the flat but one slice had a good amount of point. It was moist and tasty.

The hot sausage was a little more on the spicy side than I expected but that was a good thing. The seasoning was good and I enjoyed eating the whole sausage.

There was way too much food for me to finish by myself.

Overall, it was pretty good. I didn't like the sauce but I think that's just a regional preference on my part. The sauce is sweet with some molasses and a little tang. But, it had some flavor in it that I couldn't identify. It must be a CA thing because I have detected that flavor in several things I have eaten in CA.

If I wanted a restaurant BBQ meal and was in the area again, I'd go back.

Good to know - I'll check it out if and when I get up that way. Are you coming down this way? You could hit Big Mista's and Bludso's.

Overall, it was pretty good. I didn't like the sauce ..... it had some flavor in it that I couldn't identify. It must be a CA thing because I have detected that flavor in several things I have eaten in CA.

Probably avocado. They put that farking invader in everything out here.

Gtr, I wish but I won't have time to get to the LA area.

SirPorkAlot, that could be it.

Thanks for the write up Boshizzle! I've passed that place a few times and have wondered how it is.

Will you be in the area much longer?

I lived in San Jose till I was about 28 or so? Andys was always good for BBQ, but it have been over ten years since I been there. Also Harrys High Life (by the Shark Tank) was a good place to eat from what I remember, but not really a BBQ place.

Here is a pic -

picture.php

Back