THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

^^^I'm glad you posted that link. I was wanting to try that recipe and forgot all about it. I will almost always say homemade is a better choice than store bought.

I am wanting to make some jambalaya, but my Andouille options are not good.

I remembered this thread and think I am gonna give Sam3's recipe a go this weekend...hope it turns out half as good.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197448

Any other suggestions out there? Make your own or order online???

Feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here online with any questions.

That was 10lbs I made, pork butts were $1.79/lb on sale.

We typically don't use andouille in our jambalaya. We use a finer ground, milder smoked pork sausage. Andouille is more commonly found in gumbos and red beans. Although, I'm sure andouille would taste fine in a jambalaya. A store bought smoked kielbasa will be in the ballpark, but that andouille recipe would probably be better.

Don't let the sausage stop you from making a jambalaya. Here in the jambalaya capital of the world, the only protein allowed is chicken at the jambalaya festival. I personally add sausage to my jambalaya and think it adds a great flavor, but you can make good jam without it.

Back