Amazing ribs ultimate smoked turkey

Eddiecalder

Knows what a fatty is.
Im planning on smoking a turkey tomorrow and following the Amazing Ribs ultimate smoked turkey recipe. The only thing i am undecided on is what cooker to use. Im leaning towards my 22.5" kettle over my Big Steel Keg kamado. Any opinions?

I've never used a steel keg, but I've cook many birds on a kettle. All have turned out fantastic.

I don't think you could go wrong with either. I've only cooked turkeys on my bsk, and they've been terrific. Both the keg and the kettle are cookin' machines. :thumb:

I don't think you could go wrong with either. I've only cooked turkeys on my bsk, and they've been terrific. Both the keg and the kettle are cookin' machines. :thumb:

How would you rank you cookers from favorite to least favorite. Im considering a PBC myself......

How would you rank you cookers from favorite to least favorite. Im considering a PBC myself......

In terms of use, it's bsk, pbc, Jr. Joe, kettle, and finally wsm. I love 'em all, but if I could only keep one, I'd keep the bsk for it's versatility. It can do low 'n slow and can sear like a balrog. If I could keep two, it'd be the bsk and pbc. The Jr. is fantastic, but I only use it for solo cooking. Kettle and wsm are tried and true cooking machines, but I don't use them as much anymore. 95% I cook on either the keg, pbc, or Jr.

The pbc is fantastic. I don't think you'd regret picking one up.

I love my BSK as well. I just seem to like poultry cooked with briquettes more. I dont usually use briquettes in the BSK due to the ash production.

Back