THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks good Kevin. That is a good idea to just use ground pork and season it yourself. Gives you more control that way too.

Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

MrsMista said:
Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

qman said:
Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

He knew better then to deny my twice in row.

The turkey breast was great. Good flavor, moist, semi-crispy skin. Just all around good eats.

When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

motley que said:
When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

I've never had the crunchy jap as you described, but I don't use whole sausage logs either. The way I make them the sausage layer is about 3/8 inch thick, each jap wrapped individualy. The original armadillo eggs as I first learned from the book "Peace Love and Barbecue" use bratwurst sausages with the casing removed. I just like to mess around with different flavors.

Credit where credit is due: Brother Midnight first brought recipe to my attention.

Back