THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signed up! Did it early with the hope of getting into Lot B this year.

(Mailed in Marshalltown today too!)

We were in B last year and don't know I would say it was quite. The crowd was non-stop until 1ish. Had folks beating on the door at 2, cops chasing a drunk dude at 3, and a chick hurling around 4... However, all in all it was great:-D

We were in B last year and don't know I would say it was quite. The crowd was non-stop until 1ish. Had folks beating on the door at 2, cops chasing a drunk dude at 3, and a chick hurling around 4... However, all in all it was great:-D

We've been in the 400's the each year we've participated without problem. Neither Don nor I care about the noise or the parties - but on the dark side, I had a time maneuvering the 6x12 around the brink, wood and straw walls early Thursday afternoon. Seems most of the teams in Lot B don't mess with that crap. And now that we've been doing comps for a few years, we'd like to be closer to the majority of the friends we've meet over the past few years.

Unless we win a contest this year, I won't be doing the Royal and I imagine Lee will be at the NASCAR circle driving thing. That spot we had last year MIGHT be available.

If your going to get motel rooms get them extra early this year.Jellyroll was reserving his and found out the nascar show is in town the same weekend.Prices go up and rooms get scarce.

You've got it half right. The NASCAR race is on Saturday, the 3rd and the Chiefs are in town on Sunday the 4th. Busy weekend in the I-70 corridor.

actually last year on the Dark Side they were quiet by 12:30, most even before that. Since the contest went Friday / Saturday for Inv. and Saturday / Sunday for open it has changed the parties for some reason. But if you can you want in the 800's. That is near Kemper and the reserved invitational spots (900's). So there you have it. I hope you have good luck getting a good spot year one, if not it will make you appreciate the quieter side the next time you go.

actually last year on the Dark Side they were quiet by 12:30, most even before that. Since the contest went Friday / Saturday for Inv. and Saturday / Sunday for open it has changed the parties for some reason. But if you can you want in the 800's. That is near Kemper and the reserved invitational spots (900's). So there you have it. I hope you have good luck getting a good spot year one, if not it will make you appreciate the quieter side the next time you go.

Nothing like the smell of skunky beer and overflowing porta-potties after Friday night on the Dark Side. :icon_sick

You've got it half right. The NASCAR race is on Saturday, the 3rd and the Chiefs are in town on Sunday the 4th. Busy weekend in the I-70 corridor.

Also, throw in the mix taht Iowa State and Kansas State play at Arrowhead that Saturday.

Also, throw in the mix taht Iowa State and Kansas State play at Arrowhead that Saturday.

I spent the night out by the airport last Sunday night, and checked on rates and availability. They had rooms but the rate had almost tripled over what I paid. ($200+ for a King w/couch).

Down closer to Kemper the rates are still close to what they were last year, and they have some vacancies .... so things aren't quite as bad as they seemed a week ago.

Last year I know that Scottyd was able to get a room on Wed. night at the same place, but I'm not sure what this year will be like with the extra events in town that weekend.

Back