THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, at least it was just a couple dogs. Looks like you are only out about two bucks. I could have been a forgotten aged ribeye, or worse. Noooooooo!

If I ever forget I have a ribeye on the grill, it is time for professional help.

CD :becky:

Yip, done that.
Usually it's because I'm making tomorrows lunch for myself to take to work, and by the time we eat and clean the kitchen I remember that I'm still cooking. I've also ruptured a few beers in the freezer in an attempt to cool them quicker.

Yeah, that quick way to make warm beer cold in the farking freezer is a surefire way for me to be cleaning the farking freezer.

CD

I can't remember when, but, I posted a completely farked cook here a while back. It happens, I did take photos.

On a different note, I recently cooked for some friends and made a quick pickled cucumber, like I have made thousands of times before, except, I used a vinegar from my friends supply, and it turned out to be so phenolic it was inedible. I had not tasted it, assuming that cider vinegar is cider vinegar, and this stuff was horrid. Rookie mistake.

I've never left food on the grill or smoker.

At least I don't think so.

Hmmm... I haven't opened the Performer in a while...

BRB...

Not only have I done it....it was also with hotdogs! Had some nathan's angus dogs I was wanting to put on my grill so I didn't waste my coals I had going for the steaks that just came off. Sooo I placed them on the "cool" part of the grill so they could come up to temp super slow while I enjoyed my steak dinner.

Well.... just as you, a couple hours later I'm watching tv dealing with my delicious steak dinner food baby when it hit me that I had left my not so cheap dawgs on the grill. And they sure did look a lot like your pic!!:doh::doh:

LoveThread_zps0cd54d0d.jpg

I have been "surprised" a few times when I get ready to fire up the Stumps for the next cook....

Beer is always involved....

Just like the night I feel asleep with the lawn sprinkler running, from around 7:00PM until I woke up at 4:00AM, realizing I left it on....

The sight of a 59 year old, chunky fitter, naked, running through the yard isn't pretty, Thank God it was dark. :shocked:

I've done that a couple/few times, notably once indoors when I came home all trashed and wanting to eat. I woke up at whatthefark o'clock on the couch in a house full - and I mean full - of smoke and a pot burning up on the stove. :shocked: That was certainly not the type of pot smoking I was hoping for that evening, but I am glad that I wasn't so far gone that I couldn't still wake up. The hot dogs did not look delicious, so I didn't eat them. There have been a couple mornings after parties where I'll find the last run of chicken or some such thing in the smoker. :tsk:

Back