alto shaam 750-th/ii - good buy?

robertm

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
ROBERT
I'm looking at a used alto shaam 750-th/ii. The purpose would be multifold.

First and foremost, would be to long hold briskets. Second to keep other items warm when we entertain and third to use a second oven as needed. There is limited cooking application as it can go up to 325 deg.

Who we kidding though. 95% of the reason I want it is to hold briskets. So the question I have is this an ideal tool to use for that purpose?

The price is comparable to something like this off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5GKJJ...olid=2UTCE2S98SU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I think the Alto would be a much better quality and precise tool but looking to my more experienced brethren for advice. Anyone have experience with these long hold warmers and this model or line in particular?

Also, anything I should be aware of or look out for when I go see the alto? I plan to have him plug it in and I will temperature test. Anything else I should look at?

BIG thanks for the input guys.

I bought a small Alto Shaam 300-s from a restaurant equipment auction awhile back, and it's been a nice addition to the stable. Mine is not a cook and hold model like you're looking at, though. Made in USA, solid durable construction, and good support from the vendor. I emailed them a question I had and received a reply later that day. If it turns on and holds temp, I'd say you're good to go.

I guess if you only want to hold one thing those are an option…I can hold 4-6 briskets in my Alto Shaam or 8-10 pork butts.

Back