THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No, you have it wrong. I'm over the virus, with a letter in hand from the Tennessee Department of Health saying I'm free to leave quarantine.

Good to know, but wondered the same thing since you said "almost over" it at the top of the thread.
fwiw I was "cured" buy wife's beef stew, last meal I had on day 18, the last day I had symptoms.

Did not go out in public while contagious. I'm past the quarantine period, but some symptoms linger.

Hope you feel better soon, I’ve heard the symptoms can persist for months. Didn’t know that you could be non contagious but still have symptoms, that’s probably where some of the confusion came from.

Good to know, but wondered the same thing since you said "almost over" it at the top of the thread.
fwiw I was "cured" buy wife's beef stew, last meal I had on day 18, the last day I had symptoms.

According to the Tennessee Department of Health, who called me and conducted a phone interview after I tested positive, I was free to leave quarantine 10 days after onset of symptoms, as long as fever had subsided and other symptoms were improving. They mailed me a letter to that effect. But I waited 14 days, just be safe.

In my case, I never had a fever. I had a couple rough days, but overall my case was "mild-to-moderate". And my wife never got COVID.

But symptoms linger on a while after the virus runs its cycle. I still feel weak and just kinda want to sit around.

According to the Tennessee Department of Health, who called me and conducted a phone interview after I tested positive, I was free to leave quarantine 10 days after onset of symptoms, as long as fever had subsided and other symptoms were improving. They mailed me a letter to that effect. But I waited 14 days, just be safe.

In my case, I never had a fever. I had a couple rough days, but overall my case was "mild-to-moderate". And my wife never got COVID.

But symptoms linger on a while after the virus runs its cycle. I still feel weak and just kinda want to sit around.

Same rules here, 10 days after onset of symptoms AND 24h w/o fever. Took me damn near 3 weeks, should have had stew sooner ;-)

Back