THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kyleb76

Has anyone tried any of Alamo Pepper Products seasonings on ribs? I was given a bottle of the Honey Chipotle and a bottle of the Honey Jolokia. Just tasting them straight from the bottle I like the Jolokia better. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried them on ribs. I usually use a honey based rub either from Butcher BBQ or the house honey rub from the local bbq supply store, I was thinking about either doing a light base coat of the honey jolokia before coating with my normal rub or doing them dry with just my normal rub and then a light sprinkling of the honey jolokia instead of saucing them right before serving. Thoughts?

They also have a citrus pepper that looks interesting for a non-traditional flavor profile. Maybe use Myron Mixon's Ginger ale and Orange juice marinade and then use the citrus pepper as the rub, would probably add some kosher salt since there is no salt in the citrus pepper rub.

Last edited:
Back